SAPPHIRE RX 480 NITRO NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (WORLD FIRST) !!!

OcUK Staff
OP
So does that mean ocuk will replace the card, not just send it back to Sapphire on our behalf? I'm literally unable to find fault :p

We will test it, if faulty and we have stock we shall replace it with the same card.

If its in a years time and we do not have stock we will send it back to Sapphire for repair and then you wait until it is repaired and back with you.

Soldato
That is one sexy looking card, I do hope Sapphire launch a 490 version of it when that launches, as just for the aesthetics alone, I could be tempted to switch from my 970's for one.

OcUK Staff
OP
You have 14 days to return it for a refund if you change your mind.

If the product is used, then it is not re-saleable as new, so according to new rules we are permitted to charge upto a 25% restocking fee. So it can be returned no problem but if in a used condition a restocking fee can apply at our discretion.

Associate
Gibbo, it is hard to drop a pre-order without confirmed clocks.

Can you perform your magic and bless us with the details?

Soldato
If the product is used, then it is not re-saleable as new, so according to new rules we are permitted to charge upto a 25% restocking fee. So it can be returned no problem but if in a used condition a restocking fee can apply at our discretion.

You cant charge restocking fees. I thought?

http://www.thiis.co.uk/magazine-pdf...you-breaking-the-new-consumer-rights-law.aspx

Q: Can I charge a re-stocking fee?

A: No, you can’t. You must also advise the customer at the outset that they will be responsible for the cost of returning the goods to you and if you offer to collect for a fee, they should be given some idea of how that is calculated. If you don’t warn them they can expect you to meet the costs of getting the goods back.

Q: What if the customer has used the goods?

A: If you can prove they’ve used them you can deduct an amount from their refund to reflect that. They do have the right to inspect the goods, just as they would in a shop, so be aware that if they need to remove packaging in order to inspect the goods, you’ll need to allow that.

So shops should allow people to open things and still be entitled to 100% refunds.

Last edited:
Associate

What law does that fall under fella? That has to be a recent change if it's legit.

Back
Top Bottom