**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Soldato
Conors strength has always been his striking, with power, speed and unpredictability. The problem with Diaz is he has a head made of bone and I think even if he just stood there and let Conor unload, he still wouldn't knock him out.

Conor seems incredibly fired up though, I can see him taking a stupid chance and getting subbed early by a calmer Diaz.

Associate
I thought the result was going to be the same but after listening to John Kavanagh on MMA hour he changed my mind. John said Conor trained for the last fight in his own way and he basically said Conor's conditioning was bad which we saw in the second round. In the first fight you can see Conor's stand up is superior to Nate's.

John said you can vastly improve conditioning in the 18 weeks between the fights but neither fighter can improve their stand up much if at all in that time. If Conor can keep it on the feet I think he'll win.

Caporegime
If Conor doesn't gas like he did last time, he has more than enough to pick Diaz apart on the feet. In the first fight, for the first 6/7 minutes he was lighting him up... gassed, took a big shot and crumbled.

He obviously thought those big shots would put Diaz away, but being a durable, bigger man it just wasn't going to happen. Doubt he will make the same mistake again.

Diaz best chance is to get the fight to the ground imo.

Soldato
Diaz has cardio for days though, both of them often get lit up in the early stages of the fight and then rally in the latter rounds.

I'm placing a bet on Connor (mainly because a couple of bookies are offering double odds) but my head says that Diaz will take this again. Connor isn't going to put him away in my opinion, and I don't think he can outlast Diaz over a 25 minute fight.

There you go, bold prediction, expect Connor to either put him away in the first 20 seconds or put on a destructive masterclass for 25 minutes.

Associate
Conors strength has always been his striking, with power, speed and unpredictability. The problem with Diaz is he has a head made of bone and I think even if he just stood there and let Conor unload, he still wouldn't knock him out.

Conor seems incredibly fired up though, I can see him taking a stupid chance and getting subbed early by a calmer Diaz.

Yep, never seen Conor so wound up! Still gonna bet on Conor! Do know why just feel I should :confused:

Associate
Can this fight be watched on BT Sport 1 without paying extra? Got the BT sport app on 6 month free trial with EE but can mirra cast to my TV

if you have the app on that trial, i don't see why not. Unless thefights on bt sport 2 and the app only does one.

i'm unsure which it is on.
edit: btsport 1, I think you will be ok.

Anyone staying up, or setting an alarm? think i am doing the latter.

Last edited:
Associate
if you have the app on that trial, i don't see why not. Unless thefights on bt sport 2 and the app only does one.

i'm unsure which it is on.
edit: btsport 1, I think you will be ok.

Anyone staying up, or setting an alarm? think i am doing the latter.

Thanks, just wasn't sure if you had to pay a "pay per view fee" to watch main card?

a-136407978674303901

And don't you just love how Conor lost last time but they stuck him smiling at front of banner lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom