Shoot Me....

Associate
Installed my new loop and I have this loop order

Res>pump>CPUblock>rad>

But

Moment of rushing I've noticed I've gone in the CPU outlet port rather than inlet.

Been like this for a couple days but my temps at idle 36-38c with load being 48-50c

Need I worry about changing the loop?

Associate
If it has a dedicated input on the cpu block you will be losing the benefit of the internal plate that directs water to right location.

Your load temps might drop by a few degree's.

As your seems ok anyway I would wait until you make changes/drain loop and then change it then.

:)

Associate
Is your CPU running at stock speed?

For the amount of money you have spent, it's worth doing things right. How long is it really going to take to change it... half an hour and a few quid for new coolant. Up to you dude.

Associate
OP
Thanks guys.

CPU is at stock speed atm

CPU block does have a inlet port so i should have used that. I paid for a XSPC Pro block so i assume there is a benefit with using the inlet. I'm thinking i'll get it sorted because it will bug me.

Problem is that OCUK have no stock of the XSPC PETG pipe now :(

Soldato
If you're redoing the loop I would go straight from the rad to cpu.
Res>Pump>Rad>Block

Its only marginal amount but you may gain heat from the water sitting in the res then there's the heat from the pump.

I'm sure other forum members have their own methods but that's my take on it :)

Associate
If you're redoing the loop I would go straight from the rad to cpu.
Res>Pump>Rad>Block

Its only marginal amount but you may gain heat from the water sitting in the res then there's the heat from the pump.

I'm sure other forum members have their own methods but that's my take on it :)

It may be easier to reverse the direction of flow than to swap the cpu connectors (im assuming hard tubing all over)
But you will probably have to make more tubes to swap the res around.

Loop order in itself will make virtually no difference to temperatures less than 1 degree with a normal system.

Best to go with the shortest simplest tube runs with components in any order (bar red/pump obviously)

Soldato
Do a few benchmarks now so you can see the difference after youve swapped it around, i've always wondered how much difference these jetplates make.

Soldato
It may be easier to reverse the direction of flow than to swap the cpu connectors (im assuming hard tubing all over)
But you will probably have to make more tubes to swap the res around.

Loop order in itself will make virtually no difference to temperatures less than 1 degree with a normal system.

Best to go with the shortest simplest tube runs with components in any order (bar red/pump obviously)

I did say marginal gains, but if a jobs worth doing... ;)

Associate
I did say marginal gains, but if a jobs worth doing... ;)

I've tried various orders and a lot of people have done the same (people like Jayz 2 cents, OC3D, Singularity computers etc have documented) and theres no difference unless running extremely low pump speeds. Flow rate and amount of heat treansfered from block to fluid whilst its passing the blocks means that theres no point worrying about the loop component order as far as heat load between rad/ pump/ blocks is concerned. Just go the most direct/ neatest.

Last edited:
Associate
BTW to OP

I managed the same a while back where I had a bit of a brain fart when i had to replace my motherboard and rebuild the cpu part of the loop. My block is an EK supremecay evo and the difference under load between correct route through block and wrong route was about 10 degrees!

Definitely worth sorting.

E-I

Associate
OP
My temps are defo lower now going in the inlet port.

Playing games I was around 44 - 46c compared to 48-50c. My idle temp with the system having been on for a few hours now is around the same as going in the out port..around 38c.

It's defo a few degrees cooler underload tho!

same loop order as OP. I would like to go from pump > Rad >CPU...next time!

Associate
My temps are defo lower now going in the inlet port.

Playing games I was around 44 - 46c compared to 48-50c. My idle temp with the system having been on for a few hours now is around the same as going in the out port..around 38c.

It's defo a few degrees cooler underload tho!

same loop order as OP. I would like to go from pump > Rad >CPU...next time!

Loop order is irrelevant. Do what works for you, just make sure the res is before and above the pump.

Back
Top Bottom