Alternative camera batteries

Soldato
...has anybody ever used them? Part ex ing equipment at the moment and the trader is bemoaning the fact I haven't provided batteries. They are using this as a means to reduce the part ex payment to me despite providing me with a quote that had previously taken in to consideration I wouldn't be providing batteries.

Soldato
I've never had a problem with third party batteries by Ex-Pro or Duracell.

My new a77 came with a no name third party battery which got suspiciously hot during charging and use. Thankfully the store agreed to send me a brand new official Sony battery.

However, if you were given the quote using the fact that you wouldn't provide any battery, I don't see how they can then reduce payment based on that fact. Kick up a fuss. Do you have proof of them quoting on that basis?

Soldato
OP
Yeah. When you provide a description as to what equipment you have and are providing, there is a number of tick boxes you are required to tick illustrating what it is you will be sending. Having done that I received a quote a few days afterwards. You then indicate your acceptance. I received a phone call from them later whereby they attempted to reduce that quote further due to the fact I hadn't provided a couple of batteries. This was at the same time they told me there were a few cosmetic marks on the sensor and that should I wish to proceed with a part ex the camera would have to be submitted to Fuji for examination? Anyway, I'm thinking of buying a couple of Duracells with a 3 year warranty at about the third of the price of genuine ones.

Last edited:
Soldato
If it's the website that I think it is (from your description), just keep at them. They provided a quote knowing that it didn't have a battery. That's the end of it. Ask to speak to someone higher up.

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
I got 4x Ex-Pro White series for my X-T1 before my trip to Africa so I had 5 batteries with me, if I wanted to use Fuji originals would have cost me in excess of £200 :eek:

Had no issues and haven't noticed the batteries running down any quicker or anything etc

Soldato
OP
I've never had a problem with third party batteries by Ex-Pro or Duracell.

My new a77 came with a no name third party battery which got suspiciously hot during charging and use. Thankfully the store agreed to send me a brand new official Sony battery.

However, if you were given the quote using the fact that you wouldn't provide any battery, I don't see how they can then reduce payment based on that fact. Kick up a fuss. Do you have proof of them quoting on that basis?

I despair. After having sorted the battery issue out they go and overcharge me by not deducting the £100.00 off because I purchased the Battery power grip with XT2 Body? Why aren't they aware of the promotions they are advertising ?

Last edited:

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
I despair. After having sorted the battery issue out they go and overcharge me by not deducting the £100.00 off because I purchased the Battery power grip with XT2 Body? Why aren't they aware of the promotions they are advertising ?

Does the site you are dealing with rhyme with Rex?

Soldato
OP
They have just emailed me a full rundown and it appears they haven't knocked me the full amount of credit discount I was entitled to. There is of course the £100 discount on the total price for the booster, but looking at the bill it seems it is the £100 added discount you get from trading in a fuji camera that they missed.

Once again it is a promotion they are advertising and ought to have been aware of. I even asked them check this prior to payment when they assured me everything was fine. It's not been a very good retail experience for me using them and I intend to complain.

When in discussion about the XT1 I sent in ,which they sent to Fuji, the part ex guy keep saying once we get it back after repair, when I haven't as yet given them permission to repair it? They only have permission to tell me if it requires a repair or just a sensor clean and how much? I'm hoping there is not going to be communication issues over this given how difficult things have been so far?

Last edited:
Soldato
Nah. You get credit for the trade in for the camera, they're just offering an extra £100 on whatever credit you would get for the relevant camera body. You just need to wait until the credit is on your account before you order the new camera.

It's not explained very well but that's how it works. I've used a similar offer with them in the past. I'm guessing it's delayed by the issues with your camera (sending off to Fuji and the battery problem).

Soldato
OP
Nah. You get credit for the trade in for the camera, they're just offering an extra £100 on whatever credit you would get for the relevant camera body. You just need to wait until the credit is on your account before you order the new camera.

It's not explained very well but that's how it works. I've used a similar offer with them in the past. I'm guessing it's delayed by the issues with your camera (sending off to Fuji and the battery problem).

I hope so. I asked them to exclude the XT1 and do the trade in through the XT10 I also traded so I wouldn't experience any delay. I'm either going to part ex it against the 50-140 or use it as a backup depending on the options I get from Fuji.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom