• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal GTX 1070 Owners Thread

Man of Honour
Any disadvantages getting the Inno3D 1070 HerculeZ Twin X2 over the X3 version if not overclocking?

If you are not overclocking then for a extra £21 the x3 is clocked higher on both the memory and core than the x2. The x2 has clocks of Core Clock: 1506MHz, Boost Clock: 1683MHz, Memory: 8000MHz while the x3 has clocks of:- Core Clock: 1620MHz, Boost Clock: 1822MHz, Memory: 8200MHz. The x2 is basically a base card with a dual fan cooler rather than the blower. The x3 is a tweaked reference design with extra chokes and a couple of other minor differences yet can still take a reference block which is why I choose it for myself. It would appear that most 1070's are boosting over 1900mhz though.

Associate
Good idea to have the latest bios ready. I too am still on a z68 platform and didn't have any trouble installing the card.

Clean out the old drivers after un-installing them with a program called ddu.

Use that program in windows safe mode. You should be good to go.

There are a few small niggles. Coming from an amd card I though that the text wasn't as clear and the colors wasn't as vivid.

The gpu clock won't down clock to 215mhz when using 144hz. And lastly, I was getting texture corruption with the latest driver but I checked on another card to find the same problem.

Other than that, the card is great. :)

I have heard of Nvidia cards not been so bright, compared to AMD ones. But I understand that can be adjusted in settings, under Digital Vibrance?

As for Drivers, I plan on a fresh install of Windows 10. So shouldn't have issues in that regards. And runming a 60hz screen hopefully it down clicks easily.

As for over clocking I hope to get a good one. :)
C'mon over clocks, please hurry up and ship it already..

Last edited:
Caporegime
you wont get the same image quality as amd with a nvidia card.noticed it every time i swapped from amd cards to nvidia.

i have side by side pcs.you can definitly notice the difference.overall clearer image is with AMD.

Associate
Had mine (plus a few other bits and bobs) dispatched yesterday. Cannot bloody wait!

Have Crysis 1, 2 & 3, Tomb Raider and its sequel and Doom 4 waiting to give it a workout. God, its been so long since I've set a slider to max settings.

Associate
Quick update on the strix 1070 oc i got.
this was with a 6700k @ 4.6ghz
and g-skill ram @3334MHz(if it makes any difference)

Did a quick firestrike run on default settings and it scored 16048

Graphics:19048
Physics score: 14684
Combined score:7860

core topped out at 2012MHz and temps topped out at 63 degrees, this is the card out of the box, with nothing changed by me.........might try oc'ing it in future but i dont really feel the need at the moment :)

Associate
I have received my card today but it has Micron memory which I heard has some problems with flickering and artifacts, should I return it?

Man of Honour
Are you planning on watercooling? I'm in 2 minds as to whether to add the card to my loop

It is watercooled. I bought the AquaComputer Kryographics for 1070/1080 at the same time as the card. To be honest the cooler was so quiet and effective I was in two minds about returning the block but decided to fit it in the end. The card is so cool running even when overclocked and the most I have seen is 32 degrees C but with this cooler weather it's been 29-30 degrees C. The big bonus is that my clocks don't fluctuate like a lot I have seen on here do. With the card not overclocked I get a solid 2012mhz and overclocked a solid 2152mhz with no drops.

Soldato
It is watercooled. I bought the AquaComputer Kryographics for 1070/1080 at the same time as the card. To be honest the cooler was so quiet and effective I was in two minds about returning the block but decided to fit it in the end. The card is so cool running even when overclocked and the most I have seen is 32 degrees C but with this cooler weather it's been 29-30 degrees C. The big bonus is that my clocks don't fluctuate like a lot I have seen on here do. With the card not overclocked I get a solid 2012mhz and overclocked a solid 2152mhz with no drops.

Thanks. I think I'll leave it on air for the time being

Back
Top Bottom