Vietnam

Soldato
So Im off to Vietnam next month slowly gathered everything I need money belt, travel first aid kit, day bag etc

Will be in Ho Chi Minh for 11 days including a trip to Phu Quoc which I will book once in Vietnam.

Looking for stuff to do so far on my list I have:-

War Remnants Museum
Cu Chi Tunnels
Mekong Delta (not sure yet)

Any tips for crossing the road :D or tips in general for those who have been and anywhere else I must see.

Im taking my Go Pro so hope to collect as much footage as I can and then create a video when Im back and I shall post it in here.

Soldato
Phu Quoc is a beautiful island, did it last year...stayed there about 10 nights.

Did visit Coconut prison on the island, a few minutes of seeing the candid photo's of the torture during the war had me walking out in tears. This stuff generally doesn't bother me, It took a few days to shake that off.

Spent about 5 minutes trying to cross my first road next to the airport in Ho Chi Minh, it's mayhem.

Associate
Are you just staying in Ho Chi Minh? If not, Halong bay is a must, by far the thing I enjoyed most in Vietnam.

Crossing the road in Ho Chi is not too bad, Hanoi is another level.

Hoi An is good for some culture, lots to see and get the feel for, you also have My Son (temples) and Hue all very close together, if you are going north it would be worth stopping in the area for a few days.

Watch out, the tunnels can be small!

2agnr0g.jpg

Soldato
A big +1 for Hoi An, definitely my favourite city. Make sure you visit the old quarter in Hanoi, the rest is a bit meh if you ask me.

Do anything to avoid night buses if travelling between cities.

Soldato
OP
Thanks guys

Dont stop crossing the road does that include when a truck coming :o:D

Ye Mekong is climbing up the list I was recommended the tours on

https://www.onetrip.vn/

Look decent will also do the foodie tour looks great.

I will be back to do the north of the country Hanoi as Halong Bay looks awesome, also want to see Nha Trang and Hoi An

Soldato
OP
Oh really tick that one off then

What about Dalat?

I have a travel first aid kit I am taking it has small pair of scissors its going in hold baggage would this cause an issue?

I heard Citibank are the best ATM to draw cash is this true? going to take 3 cards one will be Revolut card.

How did people get on using there phone in Vietnam did you get a local sim card? and Taxi did you use uber or just get Vinasun or Ma Linh taxi that are recommended?

Back
Top Bottom