PlayStation VR / VR2

Soldato
I have the PS4 Pro, VR and the new v2 Cam being delivered next week.

From the reviews I have read, this is going to be awesome.

I have the Dk2 and opted for this rather than the Vive or Oculus as my living room is perfect for the space.

My PC is upstairs and the room is too small to enjoy room scale so this swayed my decision.

You sure? PS4 pro console is November man.

Soldato
Mines hopefully being delivered direct from sony via my brother on the 13th as he works for them but he has said limited stock. Keeping forgetting to say i need the cam as well!

Soldato
Some good reviews so far.

I spend more time making games than playing them, so the real kicker for me is if anyone is going to be able to hack in PC support for the hardware. Insta-buy for me if that happens.

Soldato
Im interested but too many things are putting me off at the minute. The lack of HDR with the psvr plugged in and lack of 3d positional audio with wireless headphones is disappointing. Ill wait and see

Associate
Hearing about the disgusting pricing of newly re-released PS Move controllers (tech from last decade) made me laugh. I sure hope most of those VR games don't need it.

I personally couldn't care less about VR. There needs to be some worthwhile killer apps for VR headsets in general, such that I'd use it on a regular basis. I know folks who have the Oculus who haven't used it much besides when they first got it. Sounds almost like a gimmick to me (I personally have only tried gimmicky things once when I first get it and then never again, like the 3D feature on 3DS).

The only good things I've heard about it is both the pass-through 'regularised' footage on the TV (which people can capture to share their VR experience in livestreams and such) and the release of Until Dawn: Rush of Blood. Looks like a very fun rollercoaster/shooter ride game and my first thought was... will they make it into an actual ride at a theme park or something?

Associate
Just got back from the Playstation event in Meadowhall nr Sheffield, and all I can say is after trying this out is I'm so glad I kept my pre-order.

Played Farpoint, the fps with the gun controller, blew my mind, sure the res was low and graphics a little rough around the edges, but man, the feeling of looking down and seeing my hands holding the gun, and holding the gun up to look down the reticule, wow.

Also played London Heist and Driveclub, the first was the getaway section in the van, intuitive controls for picking up and firing the gun and replacing the mag when empty. Driveclub looks amazing and coupled with the wheel just felt as though you were actually sat behind the wheel, really strange feeling, but in a good way.

Associate
Just got back from the Playstation event in Meadowhall nr Sheffield, and all I can say is after trying this out is I'm so glad I kept my pre-order.

Played Farpoint, the fps with the gun controller, blew my mind, sure the res was low and graphics a little rough around the edges, but man, the feeling of looking down and seeing my hands holding the gun, and holding the gun up to look down the reticule, wow.

Also played London Heist and Driveclub, the first was the getaway section in the van, intuitive controls for picking up and firing the gun and replacing the mag when empty. Driveclub looks amazing and coupled with the wheel just felt as though you were actually sat behind the wheel, really strange feeling, but in a good way.

Good review , thanks and can't wait ;)

Soldato
The thing is I'm very much pro-VR, and PSVR is a great entry level mass consumer product, but for me I feel like I either want to jump in at high end with room scale and the expensive PC soon or just bide my time and wait for complementary technologies like foveated rendering to establish themselves. It's hard not to wait as the PC market itself is going through some interesting changes too...

Biggest problem is that VR seems to lend itself to experiences but I'm still not 100% convinced that means games in the traditional manner.

ps3ud0 :cool:

Im coming to this conclusion exactly as well, really interesting technology, but too expensive currently to do it justice for the mainstrream.

The experiences is exactly where I think it will really kick off in a generation or two, when the programmers can really get to grips with whats actually do-able (and possibly by then a better all round awareness)

Soldato

This is the general vibe that's going around, I just can't wait man!

Associate

I'm going on Sunday, can't wait - what games did they have available?

Back
Top Bottom