***World of Warcraft : Legion***

Soldato
Slight derail,

I have time on my hands at the moment so thought I resub my old account and have some fun for a while, however upon noticing I seem to have my 2 versions of WoW under my account.

I've not upgraded to a subscription yet, however I've spent the last 4-5 days leveling up and realised that If I reactivated my subscription would this "starter edition" character just go to my expansion upgraded account?

Cheers for any help, just wanted to know before I resub or quit because I can't be bothered starting all over :rolleyes:

If you upgrade I'm not sure it would upgrade both accounts, so you'd be better off upgrading your original one.

The start character wouldn't go to the new account, I'm pretty sure they would be separate. So you be better off starting again. You can pay to transfer. But probably not worth the cost for a new character. £17.

https://eu.battle.net/shop/en/product/world-of-warcraft-service-character-transfer

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/character-transfer-faq

Associate
Anyone in one of these mythical "nice" guilds on Chamber of Aspects by any chance? havent found one that isnt full of tools or immature kids. Or both :p

I'm in Too Soon on CoA-Horde, a pretty decent bunch of guys, not sure on the immature part but most are older, youngest raider is around 23-24, average age is probably 30ish, currently 7/7hc recruiting a bit for mythic but we do accept socials.

Soldato
If you upgrade I'm not sure it would upgrade both accounts, so you'd be better off upgrading your original one.

The start character wouldn't go to the new account, I'm pretty sure they would be separate. So you be better off starting again. You can pay to transfer. But probably not worth the cost for a new character. £17.

https://eu.battle.net/shop/en/product/world-of-warcraft-service-character-transfer

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/character-transfer-faq

-edit

I've just resubbed as I'll get over my stubborness.

it seems my "starter realm" character is still on this account and I can play him, I'll continue to do so and see what happens at 20 :D

Associate
it's a good expansion.

I hate the fact Mythic+ difficulty is rated on time/being fast though.
I play to relax and enjoy. Rushing stuff just isn't fun for me. There's a a tonne of ways to implement increased difficulty, and measure it, but why must everything be RUSH RUSH RUSH?

Soldato
it's a good expansion.

I hate the fact Mythic+ difficulty is rated on time/being fast though.
I play to relax and enjoy. Rushing stuff just isn't fun for me. There's a a tonne of ways to implement increased difficulty, and measure it, but why must everything be RUSH RUSH RUSH?

Agreed.

Overall I think it's a great expansion and I've really been enjoying it. I like how it has put the multiplayer component back in MMO, especially with the way World Quests are designed. But time based content that rewards rushing isn't a good feature.

Players have always rushed through dungeon content. This is somewhat inevitable as players learn the fights and the routes of least resistance. But to actively encourage and reward rushing, that's just really rubbish game design.

Caporegime
So...

Only playing casually, but I did my first ever mythic t'other day. It was fun, slightly challenging but good fun with a fairly balanced group of people (wiped a few times, and rather than e-rage, everyone just explained a few things and were polite about it).

Next day, I'm sat at just over ilevel 840 and feeling like another mythic, I have a quest in one in particular and really wanted to get it done. Join a group with two dps already; a Death Knight and a Hunter, who both have significantly better ilevels and gear than me. So at this point I'm already resigned to the fact I'll be bringing up the rear in dps meters.

Find a good tank, had excellent gear and seemed chatty and was happy to tank while he was doing little else, and found an 'ok' healer.

Got to the first boss and I'm top of dps, but trash are going down fairly easy but the tank is second on the dps meter.

First boss, first wipe. Reset the damage meter; I'd done almost 50% of the damage, with the tank second, and a distant third/fourth the Death Knight and Hunter.

Second try, same result; same damage meter stats, me way ahead, then the tank and then mind boggling low dps from the Death Knight and Hunter. Tank and Healer leave, they say that the dps is laughable. Told me that I was not the problem and that it was never going to work 'three manning' a mythic.

Totally confused as to why these two players were able to get such good gear in the first place, despite having little to know understanding of the basic concept of how their classes work. Properly boggled me for a while. Anyway; proof that an old school huntard (played since vanilla release) is still pretty ok with this new hunter class malarkey.

I think ilevel is a terrible, terrible judge of a players ability.

Associate
Looks like I've been playing this too much and it's broke my GPU :p.

Playing WoW would really make my 780 ti very noisy and extremely hot. Worked better than a radiator. Today during WoW I had pink dots, then a green screen. Restarted PC, blank screen. The LED on the motherboard gives an error code for the GPU. So now I've had to remove it and use the onboard graphics.

Just ordered a 1080 though to replace it :D.

Permabanned
So after ten years of WoW sobriety, I finally broke and reinstalled last Thursday!

Really enjoying it so far. Decided to role Demon Hunter to see how they'd switched things up. Tis great fun! Nice to have a class with a little more mobility. Level scaling is an absolute joy, can't believe it's taken them this long to implement it.

Only 102 at present, in no rush to hit the cap despite there apparently being a ton of fun content waiting for me there. It still has the same problem it did all those years ago for me in that it just get's a touch too repetitive after 2 hours or so play time. Still, great fun for now!

Soldato
Don't suppose anyone is on Burning Legion, Horde? Few of my mates and me have a small guild (6/7 people). Clear Norm EM in a couple hours.

Started HC runs but want a bigger guild base. Pugging is horrible. All ~840/850ilevel, even have 3 healers!

Due to work life commitments it's rare that we are all on... so randoms become the majority. Have discord.

Permabanned
Are there any noob tolerant guilds out there on Burning Blade willing to send me an inv? Not looking for a serious raiding guild or anything like that, just some people to chill with and the like :)

Back
Top Bottom