AirPods (and AirPods Pro [and AirPods Pro 2nd generation]) now available

Associate
Got mine ordered, ETA this Monday.

I use my PowerBeats daily, the wire drives me mad though, AirPods should fix that problem. I mainly listen to Podcasts and use headsets for taking phone calls or WebEx sessions, looking forward to trying these out.

Anyone else?

Caporegime
I think it's incredibly wishful thinking to expect them to not fall out of your ear and roll down a drain.

Soldato
Any news on the BeatsX? I'm interested in the "W1" chip they showed off, but would rather have a little cord, for the reasons already mentioned :p

Associate
OP
BeatsX will be early next year, I did consider these but I find that the cable on my PowerBeats gets snagged on my clothing when turning my head and often pulls the buds out. BeatsX would have the same problem.

I'm intending to use the AirPods mainly in the office or walking around town, not jumping around.

Soldato
Man of Honour
What's wrong with normal BT headphones that have a completely unnoticeable wire running round the back of your neck?

I'm sure these will be a great seller because Apple but they're a massively daft product.

Associate
OP
What's wrong with normal BT headphones that have a completely unnoticeable wire running round the back of your neck?

I'm sure these will be a great seller because Apple but they're a massively daft product.

The W1 chip massively increases range over Bluetooth so I can walk around the office when taking calls from my Macbook. Also, the mic in the AirPods is supposed to be excellent.

Soldato
I'm too scared to fork out on these, they look cool but they look like they fit the ear the same as the earpods, they don't stay in my ears for love nor money so no way would I risk losing a pair of these!

Back
Top Bottom