Poll: How often do you change your socks ?

How often do you change your socks?

• Daily

Votes: 582 85.0%
  • Less often than I should

Votes: 70 10.2%
  • I don't wear Socks

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • Pancake

Votes: 29 4.2%

• Total voters
Soldato
I wear workboots so by the time I get home I'm ready to take my socks off or put another pair on.

A two day sockathon would have to be due to an emergency like an impromptu night out!

Man of Honour
Once a month when I have a shower whether I need to or not.:D :D :D :D

Off on a tangent about the origin of that phrase...at the time, bathing was quite often considered a medical thing. Daily cleansing was usually done with rough cloth and water. There are various recipes for "washing water", which smelt nice and might or might not be more effective than plain water. There's also writing advising vigorous rubbing with a dry cloth for most of the body. Always water for hands and face, though.

So it's likely that the famous comment about Elizabeth I having a bath relatively frequently whether she needed it or not probably wasn't about her being unusually clean. People were generally at least quite clean in those days, especially wealthier people.

Associate
At the bare minimum, I change them every single day.
If I'm going out straight after work, I'd have a clean pair in the car with some babywipes and give the feet a good clean and dry before changing them.

I use more feet creams and potions than my girlfriend (she thinks I'm OCD).

peppermint-cooling-foot-lotion-1-640x640.jpg

Man of Honour
Off on a tangent about the origin of that phrase...at the time, bathing was quite often considered a medical thing. Daily cleansing was usually done with rough cloth and water. There are various recipes for "washing water", which smelt nice and might or might not be more effective than plain water. There's also writing advising vigorous rubbing with a dry cloth for most of the body. Always water for hands and face, though.

So it's likely that the famous comment about Elizabeth I having a bath relatively frequently whether she needed it or not probably wasn't about her being unusually clean. People were generally at least quite clean in those days, especially wealthier people.

Back in the late 50s/early 60s we had a tin bath that was got down every Sunday just before Sunday Night at the London Palladium came on.
I went in it first followed by my Mummy and then my Daddy went in it last.
The rest of the week I stood up in the sink to be washed.

Soldato
I change my socks every full moon. My foot odour is on a par with Hugo Boss, parfume le homme. It's like walking in a French summer vineyard with a hint of cheese. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom