Setting up an XB1s for Xmas Day...

Associate
I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to all things XB so I was hoping the XB veterans can help me out.

I've got my son a XB1s for xmas with a little pile of games I've been collecting for a while.

I'd like to surprise him with it XMAS day and not have to worry about downloading games etc..

Whats the best way to do this so he doesnt find out? He's already got a 360 and an XBL account (not gold). I don't want any notifications or anything showing up on his account.

Ideally I'd like to install all the games FH3 / Halo / Forza 6 so he's just got to sign in with his XBL account and crack on.

Thanks! :D:D

Associate
OP
Yeah - got that one already after seeing a tip on here.

Am I OK to sign in with a guest account and install the games? That's my biggest concern that he can pretty much plug in and play.

I've been playing down even the remotest chance of him getting one - he didn't even put it on his list. I know deep down he'd love one!

Soldato
I would assume if you just login with his account and start downloading anything, you wouldn't be able to tell from his 360? I'm not sure if you logged in with a guest whether downloads would be granted to his user or not, but you should be able to install disc based games.

Don't play any of the games incase you get an achievement which would show up!

Soldato
If they're physical games just install them under any account and he can then log-in and set up his profile on Christmas day and he should be good to go.

If they're digital you need to register them on his account so I don't think you could do this without him being aware.

Soldato
Hi,

I'm also in the same boat as the OP and would like to ask a few questions too (hope you don't mind OP!).

1, How do the profiles pull through from the 360?
2, The bundle was a Minecraft one, how do I go about pulling through their save games?
3, I've purchased a 12 month Xbox Live card. Am I correct in thinking this will now work with all profiles on the One? Do I redeem against my profile once its been pulled through?
4, On reading the previous comments, can downloaded / digital games only be played by the profile they are registered too? :(

Thanks

Soldato
Hi,

I'm also in the same boat as the OP and would like to ask a few questions too (hope you don't mind OP!).

1, How do the profiles pull through from the 360?
2, The bundle was a Minecraft one, how do I go about pulling through their save games?
3, I've purchased a 12 month Xbox Live card. Am I correct in thinking this will now work with all profiles on the One? Do I redeem against my profile once its been pulled through?
4, On reading the previous comments, can downloaded / digital games only be played by the profile they are registered too? :(

Thanks

1. With regards to profiles on the new system, just sign in on the Xbox One with the same username and password you use on the 360 and it's sorted.

2. I'm not sure with the Minecraft save games I'm afraid.

3. All profiles on the Xbox One console will be able to use the one 12 Month Live Subscription.

4. I'm not sure on this as I only use my main profile, hopefully someone else can help.

Soldato
4, On reading the previous comments, can downloaded / digital games only be played by the profile they are registered too?

No, they can be played by any profile on that Xbox, however, they can only be downloaded again by the profile that they were activated against.

Also, the profile that 'owns' the game (the one logged in when you redeem the code) must also have that Xbox set as their 'home' console iirc.

Soldato
1. With regards to profiles on the new system, just sign in on the Xbox One with the same username and password you use on the 360 and it's sorted.

2. I'm not sure with the Minecraft save games I'm afraid.

3. All profiles on the Xbox One console will be able to use the one 12 Month Live Subscription.

4. I'm not sure on this as I only use my main profile, hopefully someone else can help.

No, they can be played by any profile on that Xbox, however, they can only be downloaded again by the profile that they were activated against.

Also, the profile that 'owns' the game (the one logged in when you redeem the code) must also have that Xbox set as their 'home' console iirc.

Great, thanks both. Think I will have to find a night before Christmas to set it all up and have a cheeky play of course :D

Associate
Don't forget the first thing that the XB1 will want to do before anything else is a system update. I recently swapped my original XB1 for a XB1-S and the update popped up even before the console setup - about 6GB download and a good 10-15 minute install time afterwards.

Good luck with Operation Xmas Xbox Ninja Stealth! :)

Soldato
Hi,

Currently setting up the new Xbox One ahead of Christmas day. I've logged in and my main profile has been transferred over. But I can't see of find anything online (sure I must be failing big time) on how to transfer all the additional profiles that my kids have created for themselves? I am sure these aren't linked to a email address, they just created new profiles?

Any thoughts appreciated!

Soldato
Hi,

Currently setting up the new Xbox One ahead of Christmas day. I've logged in and my main profile has been transferred over. But I can't see of find anything online (sure I must be failing big time) on how to transfer all the additional profiles that my kids have created for themselves? I am sure these aren't linked to a email address, they just created new profiles?

Any thoughts appreciated!

They were either offline accounts and won't transfer over till you make them online on 360
Or
They were online accounts and linked to their emails

If you make their accounts online you'll have to choose the game tag which is something I imagine they'll want to do!

Back
Top Bottom