• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD RYZEN 7 aka ZEN NOW AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER!

Soldato
Intel Cpu Price Cuts!:eek:

• Intel Core i7-6950X – $300 Price Cut
    Intel Core i7-6900K – $200 Price Cut
    Intel Core i7-6850K – $150 Price Cut
    Intel Core i7-6800K – $140 Price Cut
    Intel Core i7-5820K – $100 Price Cut
    Intel Core i7-7700K – $80 Price Cut
    Intel Core i7-6700K – $140 Price Cut
    Intel Core i7-4790K – $90 Price Cut
    Intel Core i7-7700 – $50 Price Cut
    Intel Core i7-6700 – $90 Price Cut
    Intel Core i5-7600K – $70 Price Cut
    Intel Core i5-6600K – $$90 Price Cut
    Intel Core i5-4690K – $70 Price Cut
    Intel Core i5-7500 – $30 Price Cut
    Intel Core i5-6500 – $50 Price Cut
    Intel Core i5-4590 – $60 Price Cut
    Intel Core i3-7350K – $20 Price Cut
    Intel Core i3-7100 – $15 Price Cut
    Intel Core i3-6100 – $20 Price Cut
    Intel G4400 – $20 Price Cut
    Intel G3258 – $27 Price Cut

Caporegime
^^

http://wccftech.com/intel-amd-price-war-ryzen-processors/

Intel ******** the bed :p :D

Just goes to further confirm what most of us have been saying for ages now; no competition and companies will milk people good, bring competition back and you will start to see more sensible prices. The exact same will happen if vega is competitive, watch as nvidia drop their GPU prices to what they should have been all along ;)

I'm almost tempted to go dig up certain posts from certain people who have been saying that intel's high CPU prices have had nothing to do with the lack of competition from AMD :D :p

Caporegime
Individual core overclocking, tuning a chip is going to take some time!

Be interesting if you can set overclocking profiles for different uses, i.e boost 4 cores to 4.5ghz in games or boost 8 cores to 4ghz in heavily multithreaded apps. Could even select the strongest 4 cores for the gaming profile.

Would let you really eek out every bit of performance.

Permabanned
Individual core overclocking, tuning a chip is going to take some time!

Be interesting if you can set overclocking profiles for different uses, i.e boost 4 cores to 4.5ghz in games or boost 8 cores to 4ghz in heavily multithreaded apps. Could even select the strongest 4 cores for the gaming profile.

Would let you really eek out every bit of performance.

Unfortunately doing that would make no sense at all if as some on here are saying it's having the extra four cores and 8 threads that allows it to game faster than Intels current 4 core i7's like the 6700k and 7700k.
Mind you there's hundreds of older games that aren't multi core friendly so it may even the playing field if it's done for those. Most upcoming games will like having more core to play with, especially console ports.

Caporegime
Unfortunately doing that would make no sense at all if as some on here are saying it's having the extra four cores and 8 threads that allows it to game faster than Intels current 4 core i7's like the 6700k and 7700k.
Mind you there's hundreds of older games that aren't multi core friendly so it may even the playing field if it's done for those. Most upcoming games will like having more core to play with, especially console ports.

Many games, in fact most, won't make use of 8 cores despite what is being said. 4 or even less higher clocked cores would work better for many. The ability to change profiles for specific apps could be very cool.

Soldato
AMD have made a nice step forward but is annoying these wont hit 4.3ghz+

Too many games I play still depend on single core performance. (mostly play jrpg's and strategy games).

Soldato
People need to stop with this bull crap 8 core not worth it bah bah bah we only just using 4 cores or games not even using 4 cores.

Just Shut Up! :D

Remember when quad core would never be good and dual core will always be king!!!! They is already countless games RIGHT now using i7 4 cores and 4 threads and gaining performance over the i5 4 cores, even the high recommended specs state i7.
We even have Devs working on Games with 8 core CPUs has the mainstream "Consoles" Too think that ignoring 8 cores right now and tell someone 4 cores is enough you dont have a clue what you talking about.

This post isn't aimed at an individual! Its just what I reading from here and different forums!

Soldato
list is dominated by FPS tho, FPS tend to be multithreaded friendly.
The rest are Strategy games which favour multithread as well.

So it seems the majority of games that people play likes more threads, especially with nice IPC.
More and more games seem to use more and more threads as the years ago on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom