Things you should have known about but until recently, you didn't.

Soldato
What things have you found out recently that you never knew about?

I'll start

Defibrillators actually stop your heart and not kick start it as I thought they did. Your body's natural pulse is what kick starts the heart again after getting a defib shock.

Soldato
As I understand it corrects a heart that is not beating in the correct rhythm. It is essentially turn it off and turn it back on again to reset a crashed heart program.

If your heart has stopped "flat lined" I don't think a defib can restart it without drugs, so the stuff on TV where they shock you back to life isn't true. Any medics confirm?

I was about 28 before I made the association that blinds at a window are called that because they block the light. I was quite disappointed with myself..

Associate
As I understand it corrects a heart that is not beating in the correct rhythm. It is essentially turn it off and turn it back on again to reset a crashed heart program.

If your heart has stopped "flat lined" I don't think a defib can restart it without drugs, so the stuff on TV where they shock you back to life isn't true. Any medics confirm?

I was about 28 before I made the association that blinds at a window are called that because they block the light. I was quite disappointed with myself..

Basically yes. A defib stops a heart that is beating ineffectually after which its hoped the heart will restart itself in a more efficent rythmn

Soldato
If you want super cheap, authentic, fast and very tasty home-cooked meals learn the proper recipes for these Italian staples: carbonara, arrabiata, amatriciana, aglio olio e peperoncino.

Associate
You can hold the mouse button down on a Windows title bar, shake the mouse, and all other windows minimise. I genuinely only learnt this yesterday after how many years? I've done it by accident before, but never realised this was how I'd done it, I thought I was hitting some weird combination of buttons or keys, and it always sent me into a rage!

Soldato
That if you look at a duck's beak from above you see a dog's face.

mallard_duck_pierre_leclerc.jpg

You'll never not see it now :)

Caporegime
That food cravings are not your brain signalling to eat foods rich in things you are deficient in (ie. craving salt because you need more salt), cravings are just addiction to the dopamine response we have developed towards eating foods.

Back
Top Bottom