Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
I know i'm a bit late to the party with this but i'm currently looking at trying to beef up security (just purchased a months vpn to try out from P.I.A as a start) and was wondering if something like this could be configured as having 1 wan port connected to my openreach modem then use 2 of the lan ports for 2 seperate wireless routers? I know this may sound a bit silly but i'm just getting into IoT (botnet of things) stuff with the Philips Hue bulbs and would like to keep it seperated from some of my devices which get used for internet banking and the usual buying tat online etc. I did see something mentioned in a Youtube vid about a 3 router solution (1 into modem then the remaining 2 go into the first router) but this seems like it may be a neater/cooler solution.

You can do all that. What you describe can be done with VLANS in pfSense or dedicated ports as dedicated routes. Hang an Access Point (or old router acting as an AP) off one of the NICs and connect your IoT to that Access Point and set routes out. Different AP on a different port for your PCs. Each NIC can be a LAN or WAN however you want, and pfSense can talk to your BT modem.

To be fair if you could do it a lot cheaper with a managed switch and VLANs though

Soldato
New TV and new TV stand

Samsung 55KS7000

luWr6l.jpg
I like that. A snug fit.

Can you post the details of the stand.

Associate
You can do all that. What you describe can be done with VLANS in pfSense or dedicated ports as dedicated routes. Hang an Access Point (or old router acting as an AP) off one of the NICs and connect your IoT to that Access Point and set routes out. Different AP on a different port for your PCs. Each NIC can be a LAN or WAN however you want, and pfSense can talk to your BT modem.

To be fair if you could do it a lot cheaper with a managed switch and VLANs though

I have to be honest and say i have never (since owning a pc since the late 90's) even so much as networked 2 pc's together, so all of what you said went completely over my head lol. It does atleast give me a starting point and these managed switches seem pretty cheap, atleast the small ones anyway.Guess i have a lot of research ahead.

Soldato
Well just know you can do what you want and go and watch a lot of YouTube videos on pfSense and see if it looks like something you'd be comfortable configuring.

Soldato
Which means you spent over 35 quid - - I got to 30 quid and thought - 30 quid on chocs so deleted basket.

My first time trying one of their easter eggs. Wanted to try one for a few years. I wouldn't normally spend that much. I usually do what you do. Add stuff to basket, look at price, empty basket.

I'm just waiting for post easter. I'll swoop in and get all their eggs at 50% off.

I suppose I could have done that. But in the past when I've looked in the post Easter sale all the good stuff had already sold out. I didn't want to risk not getting the egg I wanted.

Caporegime
My first time trying one of their easter eggs. Wanted to try one for a few years. I wouldn't normally spend that much. I usually do what you do. Add stuff to basket, look at price, empty basket.

I suppose I could have done that. But in the past when I've looked in the post Easter sale all the good stuff had already sold out. I didn't want to risk not getting the egg I wanted.

Wait for post Easter. I did this last year. It is a hell of a lot cheaper.

3v2HVQJ.jpg

Soldato
Wait for post Easter. I did this last year. It is a hell of a lot cheaper.

Too late now, already bought it. And like I said, I've not had much luck in those post event sales before. I don't plan on making buying one a regular thing. I'll probably chance my arm on the post sale next year and if I don't get what I wanted, no big loss.

Caporegime
I guess I used to work in Brum and last year I walk past one twice a day, everyday. Especially first time in the morning as I was going to work so picked them up on on the way in first thing it opened I had the choice of everything. People at work thought....who's that for?

Errrrrrr me?

I did give away 3 of them, the other 2 lasted me until July.

Caporegime
what is the big deal? is it worth the hype? i had people give me fancy truffles from various places, etc. I've never really rated them and thought a galaxy bar for 60p would have been better. I quite like the Lindt box with the red wrappers.

Is hotel chocolat actually better than them or is it just an acquired taste with more cocoa, etc. I don't like dark chocolate for instance.

I had a friend come back from belgium once and the chocolate he had was amazing, the real deal from the country itself. wish i had written down the make but it was nothing i'd ever seen or heard of before.

TS7

TS7

Soldato
what is the big deal? is it worth the hype? i had people give me fancy truffles from various places, etc. I've never really rated them and thought a galaxy bar for 60p would have been better. I quite like the Lindt box with the red wrappers.

Is hotel chocolat actually better than them or is it just an acquired taste with more cocoa, etc. I don't like dark chocolate for instance.

I had a friend come back from belgium once and the chocolate he had was amazing, the real deal from the country itself. wish i had written down the make but it was nothing i'd ever seen or heard of before.

It is good chocolate with various flavours and fillings. Its definitely not an acquired taste. It's many miles ahead of Thortons etc.

Soldato
Bought some clone Springfield Armory wood grips to go with my Springfield nova kit.
Really nice nice for £15.

The old ones are nice as well but I wanted to try some wood grips.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Just waiting on a new silver frame without rails and see how that looks.
Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom