A couple PSUs for older systems

Soldato
I'm looking to get a couple new power supplies for use in my older PCs that i am building, I currently have a bequiet 630w unit that i used to have in my main PC before upgrading everything which i am able to use, but i need a couple other units to use.

The systems that i know the specs of are:

My second pc which has an i7 920 and a 290x in it.

My Windows 98 system with a P3 667 currently, 2 voodoo 2s and a geforce 256 DDR ( I know this won't be a very large power requirement). So at least one unit needs to be 20+4pin for this, floppy power would be a bonus, but i have an adapter to use if i need to

And i have my XP machine which I'm currently still unsure of what the specs will be, but I'm sure it will be less power than my second pc

I'm a little bit out of date since i last looked into power supplies so i may need a bit of help, i know units from superflower and evga tend to be pretty good, but there's also a bit of a premium on them.

Soldato
OP
Yeah that makes sense, i just wanted to see what some of the better quality units would be to get as id rather get something to last me especially on the p3 system since I've spent probably more than i should've on that one, haha

I was considering this one, but I'm not entirely sure how good cougar's power supplies are

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/coug...onze-full-modular-power-supply-ca-02a-cu.html

I was also looking at the sff Corsair unit as i would like to be able to do an itx build in the future but this may not be worth spending so much on basically spare systems

Soldato
XFX XT 400w or Corsair CX450M would fit the bill? Maybe a Seasonic Eco 430w all can be had for under £50, the Corsair is modular too which might be good for you.

If you'd like 80+ Gold efficiency (I wouldn't bother on those rigs) then you could look at the SuperFlower Green HX 350w which is around £55.

Soldato
OP
Managed to get one of the 350W gold superflower psus from the B grade section for £30 :) I'm still going to look around for another power supply to use with one of my systems, probably going to get an sfx-l unit or sfx for the reasons I mentioned before

Soldato
My seasonic s12II 520w is brilliant and should be enough for your i7 unless that's the system with the 630w in it? The one with the voodo and P3, you'd get away with an generic power supply like fsb, liteon etc up to 250w, hell a 145w from seasonic of old or generic would likely run that system, my psu would certainly be plenty for your xp machine even if it had a quad core, There are obviously better models than mine for more or less cost, just sharing my Experiance as I've owned mine over a year no faults.

Hell, unless you need them running 24/7 the corsair vs350 would do as the one I had ran for 48-72hrs with no issues at all and I only did that because I was lazy lol.

Soldato
Managed to get one of the 350W gold superflower psus from the B grade section for £30 :) I'm still going to look around for another power supply to use with one of my systems, probably going to get an sfx-l unit or sfx for the reasons I mentioned before

Sounds perfect for what you need.

Back
Top Bottom