Parvum Experience

Soldato
Afternoon all,

Placed an order with Parvum at the start of the week. M1.0 model with some light modifications.
  • PSU to be mounted near top
  • 2x 120mm fans at bottom
  • mobo to be raised up to 2 PCI slots to allow bigger rad at bottom
Design will be Clear Frosted and Clear. Back panel and Mobo panel will be clear! Using Gigabytes Silver Designare board so will be viable from all angles.

Top, rear, side and front's outer panel will be Frosted with the inside layer clear to act as small windows. Window will also be in the rear instead of a 120mm fan mount.

Hoping this scheme will allow it to be neutral with different mobo's going in and out or even resale :)

just wondering for users experience with them etc etc.

Seems it takes a day or 2 for reply reply which is fair enough.

Soldato
Hope not, 30 days if not will need to pull the pull, new born inbound in 60 days

Having had 2 Parvum cases, one this year with a single mod (no 80mm fan grille) I can tell you it will take more than 30 days, they will promise you it in 30, they may even send you a tracking number but when you check it, it will indiciate it's not ready to be picked up yet!

Don't get me wrong, nice guys, personally I'm not a fan of the quality anymore but it will take ages, unless they have suddenly taken on more staff. They'll give you every excuse under the sun and you will get it, just don't expect it anytime soon.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, I hope I'm wrong.

Soldato
OP
Having had 2 Parvum cases, one this year with a single mod (no 80mm fan grille) I can tell you it will take more than 30 days, they will promise you it in 30, they may even send you a tracking number but when you check it, it will indiciate it's not ready to be picked up yet!

Don't get me wrong, nice guys, personally I'm not a fan of the quality anymore but it will take ages, unless they have suddenly taken on more staff. They'll give you every excuse under the sun and you will get it, just don't expect it anytime soon.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, I hope I'm wrong.

No worries, reason I'd thought I'd find out on here . and good thing with Paying via PayPal, can get it back.
Hopefully will get the render soon, its meant to display various boards, so I'm hoping the weight of the company behind them will help a little .
Tried to keep mods down as I know the more, the longer it takes :(

Associate
It should not take long. Please remember that it is honestly like 2 guys for the whole company. I have seen there cases all over the place and world. They are not as big as even OCUK let alone some huge case makers like corsair and NZXT. So do the math high volume orders small staff throw in custom work as well. Lot of work ! All they ask is for patience. Trust me the quality is unmatched compared to any cases I have ever owned.

Soldato
OP
It should not take long. Please remember that it is honestly like 2 guys for the whole company. I have seen there cases all over the place and world. They are not as big as even OCUK let alone some huge case makers like corsair and NZXT. So do the math high volume orders small staff throw in custom work as well. Lot of work ! All they ask is for patience. Trust me the quality is unmatched compared to any cases I have ever owned.

Hoping so, must admit would have rather have had more time for order to be made. Was informed late of an incoming board for the case.

Only ones that I thought could pull off a case to display motherboards whilst being completely natural in colour

NZXT isn't that large, have few of the Guys on Skype, just able to make high volumes from manufacturing in China

Soldato

Noted, however if you're ordering a £300 case, I'd prefer a " Thanks, there's just a few of us and it's going to take a while due to back orders" rather than "yep, within 30 days" and nothing for months.

Communication is the key, and communication is not what they're good at.

I'm not sure what cases you've had in the past, for example I've had Phanteks, NZXT, Corsair, Hex gear, Parvum, Thermal Take and Lian Li over the past 5 years. I had a Parvum S2.5 Extended just before Christmas and a Veer 2 months ago, the Veer had to go back because it was simply rubbish, and the panels didn't line up (even posted on here) - in the end it was completely replaced. While the second one was Ok in terms of panels lining up, the quality was...questionable. Marks on the acrylic etc.

Compare this to Hexgear, a small startup who use acrylic and aluminium - the difference was night and day.

The hex gear by comparison felt like a premium product, which is fine because it was expensive, the Parvum doesn't have the same quality feel.

I've had 3 Parvums in total, a S2.0 which was rubbish, I then gave it a few years and got a S2.5 hoping the mk2 had resolved all the issues of the mk1, it hadn't.

I then went for a Veer 1.0 because that didn't need a PCIE bracket, again felt let down.

I'd never get a Parvum again.

Soldato
It should not take long. Please remember that it is honestly like 2 guys for the whole company. I have seen there cases all over the place and world. They are not as big as even OCUK let alone some huge case makers

Sorry but honestly hire more staff if you can't cope with demand... it's not an excuse for someone in business for quite a while. Not having a go but it's just good business sense if you are lucky enough to be in demand for a great product.

Soldato
OP
waiting on Email for a 3D Render at least to show sponsors, as one has already said they have a transparent case from the 90s in a basement in Taiwan i could use.... thing is UGLY! like of like the robot form the old Lost In Space!

Soldato
Sorry mate. I didn't want to come across as bashing Parvum, but I've not done a good job.

Let's hope they do you proud and you're pleased with the final product.

You used to be able to get standard cases from OCUK but they don't seem to keep much stock these days.

Soldato
OP
Sorry mate. I didn't want to come across as bashing Parvum, but I've not done a good job.

Let's hope they do you proud and you're pleased with the final product.

You used to be able to get standard cases from OCUK but they don't seem to keep much stock these days.

No worries, wanted to hear peoples views on it, specially with little or lots of mods/tweaks etc

Only people I could think of that would show off the Silver Designare board off, specially with having the back and mobo tray/panel transparent

Alphacool also supplying Satin/frost tubes, res and prototype CPU block for it...

Just waiting to show them render and see if it matches how I envisioned it

OcUK Staff

That's because Parvum is EOL with OcUK. We won't be restocking anything once it goes out of stock.

Just waiting to show them render and see if it matches how I envisioned it

I look forward to your Christmas 2017 update.

Back
Top Bottom