WordPress Themes- which company/ theme to go for?

Associate
Recently taken over a business and looking at updating the website.

It's not uncommon in my sector to have to pay £1250+ for simple 6 page responsive sites. However with business being slow (and wanting full control of the site with the ability to add lots more content) I've decided to have a go myself and I'm new to WordPress.

I've got the domain/ hosting sorted together with the 1 click wordpress install.

I'm struggling to choose a theme to use/ don't want to kick myself later- I like zerif pro/ hestia pro which are both from themeisle. Do you have any suggestions for similar? Or do you recommend a yearly sub with another theme provider with access to lots of good themes?

I can see lots of stuff online about Divi/ avada but a lot of negative independent reviews saying they are bloated also.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

Caporegime
I like Rhythm, Canvas and Foundry, all found on Envato market place. What sector is the business in?

You may find quiet a few of the templates are bloated against what you actually want them to do.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the advice! Will look into those themes.

Business is Dentistry. We recently bought a small practice.

Although hestia and zerif look good: they are primarily just landing (single page) sites.

I want a theme which loads fast (not bloated), modern, lots of customisability, SEO and has the ability to do things like portfolio, team, products, clients, about info, testimonials, pricing plans, address and map, blog, contact form, newsletter subscription form OVER MULTIPLE PAGES (ie. not just single page site).

Soldato
Enfold's always struck me as quick and clean from the demos, but I've never tried it.

Personally I went with Jupiter for our school and it has served us well. I've no complaints about speed either, but none of these complex themes will be the quickest, but it is quicker than Avada and The7 which I've used previously and elsewhere. I've got BeTheme for a personal site and while it's good, it can be confusing at first given that it has its own page builder as well as Visual Composer (though you're free to disable VC).

Jupiter is certainly my favourite of the big themes, but as I said I've not tried Enfold myself. I don't understand the love for Avada from my experience and while I've seen X in use I really didn't like it at all.

Associate
loads fast (not bloated)... lots of customisability, SEO and has the ability to do things like portfolio, team, products, clients, about info, testimonials, pricing plans, address and map, blog, contact form, newsletter subscription form

Pick one.

A WP install loaded with plugins for so much flexibility will not be fast. It's the price you pay for easy customisation.

Divi is "nice" for people to use since it's easy to drag and drop stuff, but since it has to cover every available option of course it's bloated. It's definitely simple to set up a site with though.

Associate
Divi or for a more skeletal theme Generatepress (+ GPPremium)

(Your host is going to make much more difference than the theme!)

Back
Top Bottom