neighbours without respect for other road users, or the law.

Soldato
following some kind of accident neigbour has now been driving around with a part obscured/off-angled number plate for the last few weeks, with last two characters difficult to distinguish (like last character I show)

He has the means to restore it within legal requirements, but has just not bothered. clearly no point speaking to him.

Do you just put up with people like this ?

35820949802_3374fb6ed2_o_d.jpg

Caporegime
I think you should write a very angry letter to the council tbh. Maybe start a petition and a Facebook group. A wonky reg plate is just not on. I'd go absolutely mental if one of my neighbours had a skew plate.

Soldato
huh, you should see the winters here, so much muck on the roads for some folk you can only tell what type of car it is by the shape.

number plates, bumpers, lights, hell you can only tell the colour by the roof.

Soldato
following some kind of accident neigbour has now been driving around with a part obscured/off-angled number plate for the last few weeks, with last two characters difficult to distinguish (like last character I show)

He has the means to restore it within legal requirements, but has just not bothered. clearly no point speaking to him.

Do you just put up with people like this ?

35820949802_3374fb6ed2_o_d.jpg
Honestly, busybodies are so much more infuriating than the slovenly. Just relax - it's on you if you get ****** off about this sort of thing.

And, as an aside, does someone who drives a 15-year old low-spec golf really 'have the means' to sort out mostly-cosmetic repairs?

Caporegime
Here's a more serious reply:

I think you need to get a life OP. You're also assuming that they have the means to repair it which tells me you're either spying on them and reading their mail (wouldn't surprise me based on your post) or you're a busybody NIMBY who needs to get on with life.

Soldato
OP
It's a good job you covered the Volkswagen badge. Wouldn't want anyone finding out what type of car it is.
It was a double-bluff, maybe he was the son of one of the Beastie Boys, so it would probably confuse him
OK - I will join the next multi-purpose Corbyn protest with a wonky reg plate banner

.. for the plate a piece of duct tape would do it - I can advise him if he starts a thread; yes, would not bother with the bumper/bodywork

Soldato
Live and let live.. You'll be far happier.

My Dad obsesses over this neighbours behaviour, and he wastes a lot of energy on it, making him a bit bitter.. I've been working with him on letting certain things go and how to deal more easily with those things that actually affect him (like parking across his drive)..

Man of Honour
Stop expecting people to follow the same standards as you as you will constantly be disappointed. As has been said, don't waste energy on such unimportant things as you will be the only one getting stressed about, which benefits no one especially your own health and well being. It has zero real impact on your life, don't stress the small things.

Soldato
ironic, given you want people to give you a wide berth to avoid getting your car in that condition :p
Tell me about it. I've got an old Polo that literally never gets dinged.

Recently replaced our 'main' family car and bought a 3 year old Tiguan, in perfect condition..... which has had 3 car park dents in 4 months. One I on the wheel arch I got repaired (£150 - was a great price), but there's also a significant car door dent along the bodywork 'crease' in on the side, and a tow bar dent/crack in the rear bumper.

In some ways, I would actually like for the polo to get ****** up in car parks, as long as the other one didn't - I would then, at least, feel lucky about it being the crappy old car and not the good one.

Back
Top Bottom