Bequiet! Dark Base 700

Soldato
Seems the perfect blend of Pure 600 with Pro 900

https://www.bequiet.com/en/case/1203

Didn't expect it to have inverted design aswell and seems shroud comes off in stages .
RGB down subtly which h is nice, really didn't expect this from bequiet , be interesting to see one synchronised with a board

Silent 3 fans are a plus, like the Pure's but everyone wants the silent wings without paying the price for them haha

Reviews

http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/be-quiet-dark-base-700-review,1.html

https://hexus.net/tech/reviews/chassis/112058-quiet-dark-base-700/

Last edited:
Soldato
OP

Guessing a combo deal with PSU and Silent Loop would be a silent killer...

Falls nicely in the middle, still think bequiet needs to drop Pure to £85
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £532.99 (includes shipping: £28.02)​

Last edited:
Associate
That's what I was thinking...how does it work? It's completely blocked. Evolv has more holes and it's still an oven.

Soldato
OP
Another reviews , skipped to the cooling section

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/be-quiet-dark-base-700-case,5321-2.html

That's what I was thinking...how does it work? It's completely blocked. Evolv has more holes and it's still an oven.

Seems the rack is lower down, and exit out of the rear and top back of the case.
Guessing the one release more on possitive pressured case, large rad at the front and exit fan at the rear, maybe two .
Could be wrong

From an EU reviewer
"Germany has put out sliding sleds that allow VERYconvenient mounting to up to three 140- or 120-millimeter fans and adequate heat sinks from liquid cooling systems. What's more, it explains why we do not have a standard rectangular vent with many perforations"

Seems have to wait to see what that's about

Last edited:
Soldato
It's really no surprise... there is such homogenisation with so many case designs nowadays, you could literally put a dozen different models in a row, squint and be totally unable to distinguish them from one another. I don't know if it's just glass panels which have made manufacturers so lazy, but it's gone beyond yawn inducing is all getting rather embarrassing now.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
I'm liking the look of this, though interested to see if a new version of the 900 is coming out soon that will accommodate a couple of 5.25 bays.

I'm also conscious of the restricted airflow, which was a criticism levelled at the Dark Base Pro 900; however, I suppose this is never going to be top line airflow when be quiet are also aiming for silent running. From the couple of reviews that I've read, the cooling is pretty good when considering how quiet the case is.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
@ChugNorris do you know if an updated full tower model (ie 900 series) is expected. The 700 looks really nice, but I really want the option of a blu-ray drive, so at least one 5.25" bay required.

Soldato
I'm liking the look of this, though interested to see if a new version of the 900 is coming out soon that will accommodate a couple of 5.25 bays.

I'm also conscious of the restricted airflow, which was a criticism levelled at the Dark Base Pro 900; however, I suppose this is never going to be top line airflow when be quiet are also aiming for silent running. From the couple of reviews that I've read, the cooling is pretty good when considering how quiet the case is.
Sheeple fashion is now that nothing uses 5.25" and manufacturers are basically just following that.
So if you want to have 5.25" bays also in the future cases you better buy now case with those.

Quiet case design always compromises cooling capability for some amount.
But when comparing cooling to noise leaky cheese grater cases need quite lot lower speed fans on heatsinks, because all noises leak out undampened.
And by proper design addional airflow impedance from quiet case design can be minimized.
As very low viscosity fluid air can easily do some turns in its path, if there aren't too small cross section "choke points".

Another thing is that those cheap stamped fan meshes like in rear exhaust don't belong to quiet case:
They add impedance which lowers airflow per fan RPM while causing turbulence noise.
So on that area case could be improved by taking out Dremel (or good old angle grinder) and making actual hole for rear exhaust fan. (using wire finger guard)

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Thanks for the thoughts above. For my current case I've already cut out the stamped fan meshes and replaced with wire finger guards.

Need to decide on this or the Dark Pro 900... this new case is nice though, cheaper, and the only flaw seems to be the lack of 5.25" bay... As ChugNorris has suggested, might have to go external, which will still come out comparable or maybe less than the Dark Pro 900 costs.

Back
Top Bottom