Bequiet! Dark Base 700

Associate

The BQ 900 is very pricey for this design and they still follower the old design cases back in the 1990's and what with all that hardware in side the air flow is still blocked by the HDD bays!

One day they might get it right
But you can remove the hard drive bays. The case is fully modular so you can configure it how you like. Also if people read the reviews the airflow is not sub-par - its on the good side of average and in certain configurations does pretty well.

Soldato
Does the Bequiet 700 have the option to control the front light using custom colours from motherboard etc.? All of the videos I have looked at, it has ~6 preset colours and they do not show anything else, but on the description it says "RGB with motherboard control option" so I guess that could be it. Can anyone confirm if you can set the front light to custom colours (the strip down the side), for example set the motherboard / GPU LED's to 1 colour, and have the strip on the case the same colour? Has anyone done this?

Soldato
Mediocre cooling meh. Mesh high air flow front and top panels please PC case manufactures.

It is a quiet case, so the front needs to be solid with noise insulation on it, there are many cases which have mesh front that are not quiet cases. A lot of people including me would prefer quiet case with solid front, as it still has enough cooling with 3-4 front fans and is quiet.

Does the Bequiet 700 have the option to control the front light using custom colours from motherboard etc.? All of the videos I have looked at, it has ~6 preset colours and they do not show anything else, but on the description it says "RGB with motherboard control option" so I guess that could be it. Can anyone confirm if you can set the front light to custom colours (the strip down the side), for example set the motherboard / GPU LED's to 1 colour, and have the strip on the case the same colour? Has anyone done this?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Recommended it a few times and yes , board can control it. Come boards give out connecters or some cases have their gone to connect it to the boards header.
Forum member in here bought two 700s and posted pictures up, does look stunning and lighting controlled through their board

Back
Top Bottom