Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Bet the snap on dealer rubs his hands on his way into your shop.

Overpriced tools imo

SnapOn aren't over priced, they're very expensive. You're buying a service. You get access to lots of very specific tools you can't get elsewhere and the ability to replace anything that breaks. And they come to you!

No different to buying a premium brand car, in my mind.

As above, my brother swears by his Snapon tools. Whilst they might be expensive, the quality is magnitudes better than other brands, and also comes with a lifetime warranty. Of which he's had a few tools replaced, and the snapon rep doesn't even question how it was broken, just a straight swap no quibbles.
Ordered this end of August, arrived on Tuesday. Snap-On Epiq 84" in Storm Grey with black trim. Very happy with it. :D

uc

What do you plan to stick in the top compartment? I think i prefer the compartment/locker that goes down the side, think you can squeeze a bit more into them.

Associate
the snapon rep doesn't even question how it was broken, just a straight swap no quibbles.

This seems to be the norm for snapon reps, which to me is a sure fire sign that the profit margin on snapon tools must be massive.
I managed to strip, service, and rebuild my motorbike with my "pound land" silverline tools with no fuss.

That said, each to their own and if I was going to spend a lifetime on the tools and my work relied on them then I'd probably pay a premium to not have to worry about them.

Soldato
This seems to be the norm for snapon reps, which to me is a sure fire sign that the profit margin on snapon tools must be massive.
I managed to strip, service, and rebuild my motorbike with my "pound land" silverline tools with no fuss.

That said, each to their own and if I was going to spend a lifetime on the tools and my work relied on them then I'd probably pay a premium to not have to worry about them.

Yeah they aren't really intended for non-professional use, unless of course you're happy to splash on tools. He uses his every day so they're well worth every penny.

I've got one of the halfords advanced sets for some bits and bobs. I had to undo a few bolts on my car in the summer in a right fiddly area deep in the engine bay. The snapon wrenches have many more teeth, so was only a few twists of the wrist to get the bolt loose. With the halfords wrench, i think it was a good 45* angle between each tooth. So would have been an absolute nightmare to unscrew that bolt in the area it was in.

Pho

Pho

Soldato

I think you hit the nail on the head there. If a cheap tool is more likely to break and would cost you a days profit waiting for a replacement then the premium is probably worth paying for... or just get a bunch of cheap ones as backup instead :D

My tool collection inherited from my Dad contains a mix of most manufactures I think; Britool (the decent old 60's/70's versions), Silverline, Mac, Facom, Elora (some stamped East Germany!), Draper, Gedore, a couple of very tiny Snap-On spanners, Teng, random unknowns and even a couple of stamped Rolls Royce wrenches that he must have liberated when he worked there in the 70's :o

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato
If you're going to attempt to be pedantic, get it right. The drawing room/lounge is for guests and you. But the family room, which is more akin to the 'living room' you're referring to, is as the name implies - for the family only.

Yes I'm absolutely sure he's got a separate drawing room where he receives guests.

In a house with a single reception room, such as the above, you wouldn't call the only area you can receive guests the family room, since it wouldn't only be for the family. You'd either call it living room (chav), sitting room (middle), or drawing room (upper).

You certainly wouldn't call the drawing room the 'lounge' though! That's for bona fide lowers, such as yourself apparently.

What is with the snobbery towards others lately or am I missing something?

Soldato
As above, my brother swears by his Snapon tools. Whilst they might be expensive, the quality is magnitudes better than other brands, and also comes with a lifetime warranty. Of which he's had a few tools replaced, and the snapon rep doesn't even question how it was broken, just a straight swap no quibbles.

What do you plan to stick in the top compartment? I think i prefer the compartment/locker that goes down the side, think you can squeeze a bit more into them.

The top compartment has my every day use stuff, electric impact gun, alloy wheel sockets, chargers, lights, wing covers, tablet and soon to be laptop. This is my clean area.
The side cabinet is on my wish list, but will have to wait a number of years due to cost.

Soldato
Can't seem to mutli quote in mobile!

Most people won't understand Snapon tools. Their sockets, spanners, and wrenches are the best on the market in my opinion.

Look at it from this point of view, if I attempt to undo a tight bolt and a cheap socket opens up or breaks resulting in the bolt rounding off, it might now take me several hours to remove it.

Some of their tools are straight copies of other manufacturers and rebranded, and I'm not a fan of their electrical tools.

Back
Top Bottom