Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Caporegime
moreover what's under the foot - was the ladder a second;

cut a plastic bottle in half combined with a paint-brush for recent deep clean

Under the foot =

3h4Dbw0h.jpeg

Soldato
Swapped the OX tape measure for a basic Stabila. The OX locking mechanism packed in after 5 months. The Stabila actually properly locks the tape, loads better.

6JWEzOx.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
I tried to do my gutters with a ladder.
But I just felt like disaster was gonna strike. Reluctantly I paid for someone to do it.
I got about half way up that then chickened out. My brain was firing out all kinds of scenarios and I just bottled it and climbed back down.

I've now started convincing myself that if I do fall up there, I'd at least hit the porch roof before coming to my 'final resting place' :cry:.

Soldato
I got about half way up that then chickened out. My brain was firing out all kinds of scenarios and I just bottled it and climbed back down.

I've now started convincing myself that if I do fall up there, I'd at least hit the porch roof before coming to my 'final resting place' :cry:.
You don't fall up, you fall down. There's your problem :p

Soldato
I wouldn't have done my gutters with ladder against the slippery guttering, I'm surprised it wouldn't crack, mine was positively against the brickwork,
which usefully has brick end protruding by an 1" every couple of feet - deido railish ? wasn't wearing moon mans crocks either.
exercise did reveal how bits of moss have grown between tiles on N side, which will be difficult to attack just from a ladder.

Soldato

lol. Watch a ladder safety video and give your head a wobble. Most of the fear is irrational - the ladder will only fall if it is placed incredibly wrong. You falling off the ladder is also highly unlikely, it is just your brain playing tricks on you.

You also probs don't need to go that high, just go to the wall just beneath it and "clean above your head". Your porch roof makes a bit of a problem, make sure you clear it well - I once didn't realise the ladder was "pivoting" on the porch roof and it did slip and I did almost die tbf.

Last edited:
Associate
lol. Watch a ladder safety video and give your head a wobble. Most of the fear is irrational - the ladder will only fall if it is placed incredibly wrong. You falling off the ladder is also highly unlikely, it is just your brain playing tricks on you.

You also probs don't need to go that high, just go to the wall just beneath it and "clean above your head". Your porch roof makes a bit of a problem, make sure you clear it well - I once didn't realise the ladder was "pivoting" on the porch roof and it did slip and I did almost die tbf.
Bet you "cleared your gutters" when it slipped!

Soldato

I fallen off a ladder once while cleaning a gutter on a two storey high barn/shed because the bottom of it slipped out like in the fails of this video

Last edited:
Soldato

I love this post. Starts off discussing the irrational fear of falling from a ladder, and then finishes with details of nearly dying falling off a ladder :D

Suspended
Can't post a pic yet as it doesn't get delivered for another few weeks but today I made myself broke for the foreseeable future

I've been tempted to get one myself but my System-8 and other stuff is just about enough for me at the moment. Hard to justify at that price point, especially as I don't do anything serious.

Enjoy :)

Soldato
What's inside the box?

Edit: put a block of wood in your guttering if you are going to ladder like that, ya cave man

To do that he will have to place the ladder against the wall and with the new angle of the ladder and having to reach backwards to place that piece of wood into the gutter, means he will at least not need a hospital bed.

OP Search out a ladder mate and thank me later.

Also if this will be a regular thing, place some small stainless hooks into the wall, or drill to accept them when working on the guttering.

X3
cggeluW.jpg

RxvGw9c.jpg

f1yIZxH.jpg

KDITTk2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom