Squid proxy question. Syncing internal repo

Soldato
We have a squid proxy providing a gate way to the internet for our Satellite Server.

When I synch repos, it uses the proxy to talk to the remote repositories on the internet.

However I want to synch to an internal http repo hosted by us.

How do I stop my server from going via the proxy for just that one repo and sync locally?

Is the something I can change on the local server or some sort of rule I can add to squid?

I found this....

Others seems to be suggesting using iptables to achieve this.

Last edited:
Soldato
Don't use Satellite but can't you disable the current repo configuration and then define a custom repo definition which which points at the internal repo rather than trying to frig the existing configuration ...?

Soldato
OP
Don't use Satellite but can't you disable the current repo configuration and then define a custom repo definition which which points at the internal repo rather than trying to frig the existing configuration ...?

The issue is by pointing to the internal repo, the satellite still tries to go via the proxy which goes out to the internet rather than having access to the intranet.

I also tried to do something simple using FF and turning off and on the proxy as and when we need to synch internal or external repos but still didn't have any joy.

Back
Top Bottom