• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Put your GPUs to use! - OcUK Mining Pool ***

Soldato
Wow ok, that's a nice pay rise..

Very interested now, I could potentially mine 18 hours a day minimum.

How do the payouts work, I'd basically turn the coin into money, monthly if possible rather than sit on it as an investment.

I've had a quick skim through the main thread but that part isn't too clear.

Cheers.

Soldato
I might have to do a few test days to see the real electric costs as I share a house with a mate, so it would not be fair to him as we split the utility bills, do I'd need to compensate the electricity costs

Man of Honour
Wow ok, that's a nice pay rise..

Very interested now, I could potentially mine 18 hours a day minimum.

How do the payouts work, I'd basically turn the coin into money, monthly if possible rather than sit on it as an investment.

I've had a quick skim through the main thread but that part isn't too clear.

Cheers.

Payouts from the pool to your wallet in ETN
Send ETN from own wallet to Cryptopia
Sell ETN for BTC.
Buy LTC with BTC
Withdraw to CoinBase
L
Either cash out at Coinbase or send to LocalBitCoins and cash out there.

Unfortunately Cryptopia is the only etn exchange at the moment and their withdrawal fees are very high for BTC but low for LTC hence the extra steps

Soldato
Strokes beard.
How hard does mining work the graphics card and general system, I wouldn't want to thrash the life out of it as it is primarily a gaming pc, but I'm asleep 8 hours a day and at work for a further 10 so may as well make it work when I'm not using it.

Thanks, and sorry for the noob questions.

Associate
Strokes beard.
How hard does mining work the graphics card and general system, I wouldn't want to thrash the life out of it as it is primarily a gaming pc, but I'm asleep 8 hours a day and at work for a further 10 so may as well make it work when I'm not using it.

its a 100% usage, a lot of people are scared of thrashing it but people have been running for years on the same card etc. It all comes down to your own personal pref. Myself i run my rig while im at work but not sleeping.

Man of Honour
Strokes beard.

By all accounts its less stressful on the cards as most damage is caused by the constant heat cycling seen during normal use

Soldato
Oh ok, thanks, makes sense.. I might not want to do it whilst sleeping then as my PC is in my bedroom, so I'd be looking at probably 10 to 15 hours a day mining on average.

Soldato
Sorry for another noob question, what's the regularity of payouts from the pool to the wallet, is it time based or is it based on when certain team mining targets are reached.

Thanks

Caporegime
I'm a member of the mining pool.

You get paid directly into your own wallet. Nobody can steal it unless they have access to your wallet. The only way to gain access is by private key which is printed out on a bit of paper which you need to keep safe. Basically I printed 2 copies. I keep one in my home hidden away. The second one I stuck in a sealed envelope in a safe in my dads house. So if my house burns down I have a back up in his house. So it's safe nobody can gain access to it. If someone breaks into his house and nicks the safe I'll simply create a new wallet and transfer everything from my old wallet into the new one quickly before they realise what that bit of paper is. Basically their is risk involved but nobody can steal any of the coins you have made without that bit of paper. You use a different address when mining so nobody can steal it through hacking the pool when it's been paid to your wallet.

Secondly you can make quite a bit of money from this. All depends on how much power you have. £15 a day for me iirc. Which is £450 a month. You can sell the ETN for bitcoin then sit on that so your £450 a month could turn into £5000 in 6 months time. This is all based on past performance. So now that initial £15 a day is more like £150 a day.

All the info you need is in the other thread. It's as simple as creating a wallet. Printing it out. Downloading an application and running it. It will ask you 4-6 questions then it automatically starts mining away.

Seriously a 12 year old could do it. It's so simple all the info is in the other thread.

Permabanned
I really am struggling to understand how to start this. My computer at home is left for 10 hours a day whilst im working, then I sleep. So it sees maybe 3 horus of use a day.

What software is needed, how do I set up accounts etc.

Happy to sub someone for setting me up :)

Caporegime
I really am struggling to understand how to start this. My computer at home is left for 10 hours a day whilst im working, then I sleep. So it sees maybe 3 horus of use a day.

What software is needed, how do I set up accounts etc.

Happy to sub someone for setting me up :)

all the info you need is right here

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...-and-quickstart-guide-in-first-post.18803113/

it's as simple as following that first post.

step 1. create a wallet.
step 2. download the xmr stak zip file
step 3. unzip it and run the .exe file

it will then ask you questions and you enter your wallet details and the mining pool address and it starts mining straight away

seriously it's a 5 minute job and could be done by a 12 year old

i've set it up on 4 rigs within half an hour

Back
Top Bottom