FeelVR Direct Drive Wheel, kickstarter in 2018?

Associate
Saw a video on SimRacing Paddock about this, there is some concern about whether this is legit considering it's a new startup company in Ukraine. I've subscribed to get info for now...direct drive wheels are supposed to be the dogs danglers, and normally over £1000, so if it really is $388 including 2 wheel rims, direct drive wheel base and 3 pedal set including load cell brake, it's definitely worth keeping an eye on it...

https://feelvr.game/

Associate
OP
Well its going to be like $770 at release, all kickstarter early birds usually like 50% off, i think its legit, they have been in contact with me already by email.

Very little info on the website, so thanks for that, I'm definitely keeping an eye on this bad boy...will go nicely with my Pimax headset :), I might be on a slippery slope...

I just got that email too...address given is in California...interesting

Soldato
I signed up to keep an eye on this last week. Hopefully, it's the real deal. 12nm isn't too bad, but they can keep those rims :p

That Sim Racing Paddock guy makes far too many assumptions tbh.

Soldato
It's more about functionality than looks, but yeah, doesn't matter what it looks like in VR. Before I got the Rift, I was planning to build GT/F1 rims with screens and stuff, but that's pointless now :D
Anyway, can't complain about them considering the early bird price. It's nice that they provide a full package that's ready to go.

I'm slightly more curious about the pedals at that price. Kinda need/want to replace my CSP V1's and these might be a nice bargain versus going for V3's, even if they aren't quite on par.

Soldato
I don't think I would want to risk £300. Only put money into a kickstarter that you are willing to loose as you aren't guaranteed to get anything out of it. Slight concerns about there being no info about the company or even people behind it. Also perhaps I'm being a Sim Racing snob but the pictures of it are on a table not a rig so it does make me wonder who this is aimed at? (although it does mention is being compatible with iracing and rfactor)

Soldato
I think people are making too much of the table thing tbh. It's just a promo shot for the website.

Anyway, I wouldn't put any money down until I'd seen it in action, preferably being driven by an independent tester.

Associate
OP
Definitely would like to see them turn up at a trade show with a demo unit and let peeps have a go. They said they will turn them around in 4 or 5 months as it’s the result of 2 years development. On that basis they should be able to do it. They could attach the wheel to anything as long as it works...it’s aimed at people who want to play driving games with a wheel on a PC. I really don’t understand the sim racing snob stuff at all, I play IRacing through to Mario Kart and enjoy them all for what they are lol

Soldato
Thank you guys for your comments and emails - we’ve got tons of them. We truly appreciate the time you took to contact us. We are also dazzled by the scale of the feedback. All of it happened so suddenly that we’ve made some of you wait for a response. Our apologies.

Thus, here is the Q&A session with our answers and thoughts on topics you’re most interested in:

Q: Tell me more about the technical specifications
A: Regarding tech specs, since we are still tweaking/optimizing the device, the numbers can change to some degree. We’ll publish them when we’re ready to launch. In general, we can say that the torque is roughly 7 times greater than that of the G27, T500 and the like.
Q: How do I buy it?
A: We intend to launch the product at the beginning of 2018. We will announce the launch date via mail and social networks.

Q: Why do you have such an affordable price?
A: The reason for the affordable price is affordability and emerging of the components (like strong neodymium magnets), falling costs of electronic components, and highly optimized in price design. We have built everything from the ground up with affordability in mind. This also are highly discounted prices for guys who will support us on the way to launching the product. The retail price will be higher. Price discounts will be available during a limited-quantity flash sale event following the launch.

Q: Are you planning to deliver the product to my country?
A: We're working on making it possible to deliver worldwide. More information will be available shortly. We’re going to establish warehouses in the US, Europe, and various geographical regions (depends on orders).

Q: It seems too good to be true
A: Well, we understand your concerns. Hopefully, we will soon have video reviews by enthusiastic/professional sim-racers. This will be the best way to show that our product meets your expectations.

Soldato
Now, one more problem, how do I tell my wife I'm getting another wheel...I might have to sell one or two.

I have this problem, my old g25 pedals that were linked to my t300 have just died, so was gonna go all out on fanatec (csl elite + v3 pedals) for my birthday/christmas present....but then this pops up on my feed. I mean I'm interested, but with any kickstarter (still waiting on my nura headphones!) it can easily all go wrong

Associate
OP
I have this problem, my old g25 pedals that were linked to my t300 have just died, so was gonna go all out on fanatec (csl elite + v3 pedals) for my birthday/christmas present....but then this pops up on my feed. I mean I'm interested, but with any kickstarter (still waiting on my nura headphones!) it can easily all go wrong

Yeah, always a risk. I've got a Pimax headset kickstarter coming next year fingers crossed. This looks like it could be a great deal though, risky? yes, but if it comes off it'll be worth it. I think I'm going to go for it, as long as there are some independent reviewers at shows etc posting vids of it in action, which is what I waited for on the Pimax. I did miss out on the best deals by doing that.

Back
Top Bottom