New FTB Modded Minecraft server Beyond

Soldato
OP
Okies - there is now a little noob hut at spawn with some beds and food. There is also a random TP button I've been asked to add. Knock yourself out. As ever, take what you need and replenish once you're done :p

/tpa <playername> will allow you to ask to tp to a player. /sethome is a thing, as is /spawn. If you think this is a bit op (I personally think it is, the mods allow for all this and much more once you've done the grind :p) then I'm open to suggestions for changes.

/Back is disabled as I feel it's way too op. Bite me.

I don't think we'll ever need it, but TINB (Trust is Nice,.......But) has been added - it's a block-logger, but we don't need it, do we? Server is backed-up every two hours anyway, so even in a worst case scenario....

The most important thing = have fun!!

Laters o./

Soldato
OP
Just a little bump if you'll indulge me.

I've been grinding through Draconic Evolution - not gone through that mod before. It makes some pretty OP stuff. Killed my first Chaos Guardian the other day without dying, which was nice. I've got the top but one energy storage thingy - I'm not going to have to worry about RF for a while! Yes - that is 2.14 Trillion RF stored - 2,140,000,000,000 of RF lol No, I'm not going to make a Chaos Reactor :p I have two Tier 4 EnvironTech Solar Arrays and two Draconic SolarFlux solar panels connected via RedstoneFlux transmitters which will give me about 1.3 million RF/Tick. The SolarFlux stuff is a real grrrriiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnndddd though.

Please feel free to ask for a whitelist add then hop on and join in. Catch you later - Ham :)

MdpgluM.png

Associate
Ah i haven't played in ages. Can't promise I'll be on regularly but could you add me anyway? Used to be whitelisted a year or two ago. In game name is petridish5. Hopefully see you on there :)

Soldato
OP
Cheers Ham! I'll try and get on at least once a week but hopefully more. Are there many people on in the evenings?
The server is still finding its feet with regards to players - there's players on during the day and the evenings mostly (UK time) and hopefully the server will grow with time! Good to catch you in game :)

Over the next couple of days I'll update the op with commands/issues/things you can do etc.

Laters all o./

Associate
I'll do my part to keep the numbers up :p thanks for helping me out with a few questions yesterday Ham.

Managed to get some basic power now and an RFtools builder to use as a quarry (when I'm there to empty the output chest). Still need to work on tools and armour then it'll be time to hunt for a more permanent base

Associate
Hmm weird stuff going on just now but suspect it's just my terrible internet. I've got version 1.10.2 of the pack and the server screen tells me I have 179 mods present with the little tick. Ping is 31ms and I've got a wired connection. All in all it should work (and did earlier tonight) but I guess this is the problem with living in a building with 50 other flats and no fibre :(

I'll try again in a few minutes but don't want to cause problems for anyone else on there by joining/disconnecting every few seconds

Soldato
OP
Hmm weird stuff going on just now but suspect it's just my terrible internet. I've got version 1.10.2 of the pack and the server screen tells me I have 179 mods present with the little tick. Ping is 31ms and I've got a wired connection. All in all it should work (and did earlier tonight) but I guess this is the problem with living in a building with 50 other flats and no fibre :(

I'll try again in a few minutes but don't want to cause problems for anyone else on there by joining/disconnecting every few seconds
You seem to connect ok, but then disconnect after a couple of minutes - no warnings/issues mods all correct and no errors reported on the server last time you tried at 21:51
If you use Discord, there is a channel https://discord.gg/Y4VWVzA

edit: you're not causing any probs

Associate
You seem to connect ok, but then disconnect after a couple of minutes - no warnings/issues mods all correct and no errors reported on the server last time you tried at 21:51
If you use Discord, there is a channel https://discord.gg/Y4VWVzA

edit: you're not causing any probs

Thanks for looking into it, reading back through the logs it's something timing out while trying to sync with the server (different each time but TiCon config was the last one for example). So yeah, just my internet. Hopefully catch you another time.

And what's the discord? Like a separate chat/voip system? Never used it before.

Soldato
OP
Hopefully it will settle down for you soon!

Discord is like skype so yea, instant chat and/or voip but less poop than skype! You can use it via a browser or you can download it - handy for instant chat. I haven't setup a voip channel, just a text channel atm.

Catch you soon - Ham :)

Associate
Just a heads up, just went on it this morning, and its running very slow, chests taking ages to open, and when walking it would randomly throw me back 5 paces. on Walia it says waiting for server.

Soldato
OP
Just a heads up, just went on it this morning, and its running very slow, chests taking ages to open, and when walking it would randomly throw me back 5 paces. on Walia it says waiting for server.

Thanks for the heads up - I've given the hamster a plate of sunflower seeds and some fresh water!

Don't know why, but the server decided to have a hissy fit whilst backing up. There was a load of warnings/skipped ticks. I've restarted it and it's all back up and running. Sorry about that!

Soldato
Soldato
Does this have mods like thermal expansion and buildcraft and all that jazz?
Last time I properly played was back in 1.7.2 on modded so must be a little different!
Never was a fan of the magic stuff though

Soldato
OP
Does this have mods like thermal expansion and buildcraft and all that jazz?
Last time I properly played was back in 1.7.2 on modded so must be a little different!
Never was a fan of the magic stuff though
Indeed it does - whilst Beyond does have ThermalExpansion it doesn't have BuildCraft but it does have a shed-load of other mods similar to BuildCraft - a full list can be found HERE As you can see, there is enough in there so you don't need to go down every mod tech tree you can just concentrate on the ones that interest you!

There are quite a few changes from 1.7.2 to 1.10.2, but the basics are still the same :)

Soldato
OP
The server is suffering some slow down and skipped ticks, so the hosting company are going to run a few checks for me - upshot is the server will be down for a couple of hours - sorry guys. We'll be back up as soon as we can!

Back
Top Bottom