iPhone repair (UPS collection question)

Soldato
My iPhone is being collected for repair and the Apple support guy said that UPS will deal with the packaging, so I just need to literally hand them my phone with not box etc

Is that correct? I just want to check that he wasn't fobbing me off!

Thanks

Soldato
Its normal with Apple, you just hand the UPS guy the phone and he puts it in a box for you. It’s all insured by Apple so there is nothing to worry about.

Fair enough. Guess UPS have been a bit desperate to win the contract with Apple then.
I used to work at their largest repair centre in the UK for a period in '13 and '14 and boxes were definitely packaged by customers.

Soldato
I've not sent anything back to Apple for a long time (7 or 8 years) but it used to be the case that UPS dropped you off a box and then came and picked it up the next day. This was a complete pain as you had to deal with 2 pickups and it only used to take a few seconds to box the thing in their purpose made box/packing.

Makes so much more sense just to give them the phone and they stick it in the box as they go back to the truck. I also bet it is way cheaper than coming twice.

Soldato
OP
I've not sent anything back to Apple for a long time (7 or 8 years) but it used to be the case that UPS dropped you off a box and then came and picked it up the next day. This was a complete pain as you had to deal with 2 pickups and it only used to take a few seconds to box the thing in their purpose made box/packing.

Makes so much more sense just to give them the phone and they stick it in the box as they go back to the truck. I also bet it is way cheaper than coming twice.

That sounds strange.
Were you provided a shipping label at least?
Is it going to Magna Park, Vulcan Way / Leicestershire at all?

No label, in fact they specifically told me that they'll send me a box, then I just need to send it back... which is why when UPS turned up today, I had to turn them away because I didn't even expect them, plus they couldn't even confirm what they were collecting! Didn't really fancy handing over a £1k phone in the hopes it was going to the right place.

yes ups come with a proper box for it, geez the youth of today.

Youth? I wish :p I'm just lucky enough to have never had to return any electronics in years!

Back
Top Bottom