What did you do to your bike today?

Soldato
Think you cut the picture off, there's only a bicycle next to the VFR :p
:D

Ordered K&N oil filter and new sump plug for the bike. Only replacing the plug as I have no idea how old it is and I dont want to risk the thing snapping off in the sump pan. Came to realise that the oil is so black as it didn't get changed last year....

Associate
Soldato
:D

Ordered K&N oil filter and new sump plug for the bike. Only replacing the plug as I have no idea how old it is and I dont want to risk the thing snapping off in the sump pan. Came to realise that the oil is so black as it didn't get changed last year....
Seen the big recall for K&N oil filters splitting on the nut on the end? Quite a big thing here.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Do you guys have a seat protector for when you park the bike up somewhere, and it might rain? Not like a full cover I have at home, just a small one, or half height cover type?
lol, just wipe it with your jacket sleeve, sit down and ride away. Most motorcycle clothing is thick in that area, so water doesn't get through like it does via normal clothing.

Soldato
Sold the CB400 challenge bike... to one of the other riders from the weekend!

Bought for £500, spent some time of getting into better condition, and a bit of cash with new brakes and chain. I reckon it might have gone for a couple of hundred more on a private sale once I'd given it a new MOT, but I've let it go for the same price at £500 and saved a lot of hassle.

We agreed on rules for next year's challenge - dual sports, no cc limit and £800 budget. Apparently we're chucking them all on a trailer and heading to Wales... I think I'll wait a while before looking for the next bike. And maybe learn some proper off-road skills first!

Back
Top Bottom