What did you do to your bike today?

Associate
Seen this work well on other forums... just a place where people can post what they have recently done/had done to their bike :)

So, I'll start...

Today I booked my ZX10R in for full pro suspension set up on the 21st :D

Anyone else done anything recently?

Associate
OP
picked up my new seat bolts today. Both of my last ones vibrated themselves loose and when I went to hang off for a roundabout the seat came with me.. which was interesting.

Associate
OP
gave the bike a once over quickly this morning, hoping to put some decent miles on her this weekend. Sun should be shinning both Saturday and Sunday :D

Anyone else planning on making the most of the sun?

Associate
OP
didn't do anything to it today other than kill some flies with it :D

IMG_083622.jpg

Associate
OP
Well i've just managed to spend another £250 on eBay. It's time for the big service before the 'Ring trip in August.

New Oil & Filter, Chain & Sprockets, K&N Air Filter, NGK Plugs and Front Pads.

Should keep me busy for a day.

I also popped along to PDQ Motorcycles (www.pdq1.com) this morning to have my suspension set up. Although there was only limited tweaking to be done with the standard parts, they have done a good job as it now feels much more planted. Whilst there I got a quote to get a full revamp with new front springs and new rear shock all custom to my weight etc and it was £1,300 :O might have to give that a miss for a little while. ha

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Who declares the mods they do to the insurance company?

Example: I want black levers and black Renthals then a rear hugger and belly pan topping it off with twin head lamps.

Far as I know these are all 'optional extras' but do I actually have to declare them?

Pug. Good effort for the lights but not my cup of tea:D

I declare all my mods yes, most insurers that I have been with don't charge for non-performance mod's like screens/levers etc.

The only thing that put my price up (by £50) was my full Akrapovic exhaust system.

Associate
OP
A month after I broke my first stubbies, I've finally replaced the orginals again...

The first ones where gold with red adjusters. I think I prefer this colour scheme.

Are they eBay ones? they look nice, always said I wouldn't buy cheap ones but they do look good, are you impressed with the quality? got a link?

Associate
OP
they look good ElliorR thanks, I'm going to get a set... cant go wrong for £25, If i don't like em then no great loss at that price.

I think i'm going to get shorty, any regrets from you regarding size (of the levers that is .. lol) ? I do always try use just 2 fingers on the levers.

Associate
OP
Thought about going out yesterday morning as it looked nice and we were promised nice weather... waited an hour and the heavens opened... /sigh.

Rockingham on Saturday.. really, really hope it's dry!!

Back
Top Bottom