The new Insignia - it's terrible.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
I drove the turbo petrol in manual form and found it quite a decent car to drive. Didn't use lane assist so can't comment on that. The interior wasn't too shabby either compared to the older gen. I wouldn't say it was a bad car at all, and I've spent my whole life in BMWs.

Collision warning systems are an annoyance though, didn't have it kick in in the insignia but many other cars I've driven with it ****** me off to no end!

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
I had the exact hire car a couple days ago , the steering was not heavy , it was so light compared what I'm used to. The power delivery was towards the low end , but after about 2K RPM it ran out of puff, I'm sure that the 2.0 variants or the petrols will be better. I couldn't find a decent seating position at all, it was mostly too high for my liking. Had the lane assist thingy kick in all about once on my journey as it was tipping it down it was subtle and nothing intrusive. The rear reversing camera was alright. Apart from that not really much to say , had worse hire cars to be honest. Made use of the speed limiter no end in London which was handy to have. Also it had Apple Carplay as well.

Associate
I’ve test driven the 250BHP, AWD Elite Nav and was impressed, comparing it to my current 2015 (New shape / interior) Mazda 6, top spec. I found to get a comparable spec from Germany you’d be spending a lot more.

I’m waiting to see what happens with the GSI as far as dealer discounts / second hand prices are concerned, very likely to be getting one of these.

Soldato
I think this was the spec I had

Personally I couldn't care less about the engine, or it's performance. As it was an A to B car.. and I didn't expect much from it.

One other thing. I know the vauxhaVa brand is british. But aren't these cars designed by Opel in Germany?

Soldato
Soldato
I can't ever comprehend buying a vauxhall as a value car. The equivalent car ie ford always seems built better, much better to drive (esp focus vs astra and fiesta vs corsa), more reliable and just better. But maybe I should be more open minded, I've only ever driven a Corsa D 1.4 which was absolutely **** compared to a 3 year older mk6 fiesta

Transmission breaker
Don
I sat in an insigia 2 years ago at a dealership.

It was so dull and lifeless, I didn't even bother to drive it. I just remember being totally underwhelmed with the car as a whole, and the sales person just kept fawning over the interior "quality". He must have been drunk.

If a car has upset me sat still, I don't want to spend a large portion of my life sat in it. So it was dis-counted straight away.

The Mrs drives a 10 year old Audi estate, its also a significantly nicer place to be than that Insignia was.

Soldato
I sat in an insigia 2 years ago at a dealership.

It was so dull and lifeless, I didn't even bother to drive it. I just remember being totally underwhelmed with the car as a whole, and the sales person just kept fawning over the interior "quality". He must have been drunk.

If a car has upset me sat still, I don't want to spend a large portion of my life sat in it. So it was dis-counted straight away.

The Mrs drives a 10 year old Audi estate, its also a significantly nicer place to be than that Insignia was.

That's a different car of course. The one you sat in came out in 2008 (facelifted in 2013).

Soldato
My dad has a 17 plate insignia Sri 1.6 I have been in it a few times and I thought it felt ok for what it was it does feel a little under powered but inside is not a bad place to be

Man of Honour
Yep.... Theyve already killed off the VXR brand.

Which is odd as the new Australian Holden Commodore is a rebadged one of these and the top model is badged VXR complete with VXR logo. This seemed odd, it's even more odd if they've stopped VXR in the only country that recognises Vauxhall.

Back
Top Bottom