Another which TV thread....LG 55 b7 or Sony 55 XE93

Associate
Just purchased the LG 65 C7 (for the black rim) from RS. Arrives Tuesday and can’t wait. I did a lot of research and concluded that this was the best way to go. Liked some of the 1500 Samsung’s TV’s but in the end OLED won.

Associate
I'll be hooking my PC up to the TV and mainly using windows desktop/apps, so even with the static taskbar etc., would you guys still recommend OLED for this use?
My current TV is often left on for a couple of hours or more displaying the same static content.

Associate
I'll be hooking my PC up to the TV and mainly using windows desktop/apps, so even with the static taskbar etc., would you guys still recommend OLED for this use?
My current TV is often left on for a couple of hours or more displaying the same static content.

Yes unless you are going to have the same static image displayed for hours at a time.

Associate
OP
Just purchased the LG 65 C7 (for the black rim) from RS. Arrives Tuesday and can’t wait. I did a lot of research and concluded that this was the best way to go. Liked some of the 1500 Samsung’s TV’s but in the end OLED won.

Was this purchased in store? Can't seem to find it on their website.

Last edited:
Soldato
IT's not really that hard.

If money is your primary concern get the XE93.

If you want the best TV and can afford the £1409 buy the LG B7.
Well really it is - as I highlighted earlier, there is a lot to take into consideration.
Imagine the world we'd live in if you could just shop by price - shame it isn't really like that.

Soldato
WOW - if this is the pinnacle of OLED technology, pleased I gave it a miss.
Best PQ available since plasma. No haloing/bloom. Fantastic veiwing angles.

Don’t think they will go much brighter than the 2018 line up but then again they don’t need to.

Panasonic have seemed to have dumped the high end LED TVs and their flag ship is just OLED. Just too expensive to try and complete.

Your not going to get massive leaps just minor tweaks and improvements from now on.

Caporegime
Once you go OLED, there is no going back, sure a top end LCD looks great but compare it to an OLED and it just pales big time in comparison, there's a reason all of the manufacturers (at least the main players anyway) are using OLED for their flagship TV's now.....

As for burn in, well, I've had mine since November and still not a sign of burn in, not even temporary image retention either and I've racked up countless hours of gaming.

I don't watch news channels though (never have and never will) and I don't use a silly over the top brightness of something like 80%+ OLED light setting.... Just the recommended luminance setting of 120 or less which equates to <40% OLED light (except for when playing HDR content)

Soldato
sure a top end LCD looks great but compare it to an OLED and it just pales big time in comparison,
how many people have actrually tried the two adjacent in their home conditions ? (buy two send one back)
noticed the panasonic oled is available for £1400 from their ebay site, so given Vincents' compliments about it ?, and, even for a 'refurb' you have access to consumer rights act.

Given earlier comments about oled pixel modifications did note from the reference avforums thread
about 2018 changes, amsusing comment
Now that red has been exposed as the subpixel color most prone to differential-agibg-based burn-in due to static logos of CNN and MSNBC as well as bright yellow HUDS of some games, it appears that LG has understood that thecred subpixel is at least as vulnerable as the blue subpixel (which is rarely used in static elements).
hopefully they do not change the static logos.

Associate
Was this purchased in store? Can't seem to find it on their website.
Because it’s a Currys exclusive they can’t advertise it but if you call you can order it from them. It’s better as the rim is all black rather than silver so much better for wall mounting.

They also price matached topcashback and my employers discount portal together so I got it for £2300.

Back
Top Bottom