• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Bought a < £60 1050ti from China. Let's see what it's all about.

Man of Honour
OP
Man of Honour
OP
Soldato
It could well be a 1050ti, these ropey looking cards are made to be sold directly to internet cafe/gaming centres in the far east rather than home users.

The 5Gb 1060 is another example.

Slight difference in that those are just cheaply-made cards sold a bit cheaper than the branded versions, whereas this was (even before testing) clearly not what it was advertised to be at all and sold for about two-fifths of the price of a normal one.

Soldato
550ti with reduced TMU's and ROPs (192/24/12 instead of 192/32/24), and 128MB ram chips * 6 (instead of the 6x256MB for the 1.5Gb model, or 4x128MB+2*256MB for the 1Gb model)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nvidia_graphics_processing_units#GeForce_500_series
:D well i took it apart:

The build quality of this card is 'outstanding' :D

Yes that is Geforce GTX 550 Ti chip with exactly matched resistors layout.

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/274/geforce-gtx-550-ti

Man of Honour
OP
Boo... I have been in contact with the vendor and not only have they issued a full refund I now also have a graphics card I never really needed that I bought for no other reason than I was bored. On top of this the item is no longer available for sale so I guess they have pulled it after I pointed out that they probably should. Perhaps I may even have done some people a favour here as that is now one less place you can buy a fake NV card from.

Associate
I'm really liking the white perimeter circle on the PCB - I assume that's the heatsink guide.

If you don't want to use it for mining, mount it on the wall :D

Soldato
I didn't even test it. Kinda feel like I should now :) Perhaps I'll put it in the spare mining rig I am starting to build just for the lol's.

As much as I'm a moaner about mining ruining gfx card sales recently, building a mining rig out of dodgy chinese parts after a refund seems like a nice idea. Turning a profit on other people lies.

Provided it doesnt burn down your house that is :/

Man of Honour
OP
As much as I'm a moaner about mining ruining gfx card sales recently, building a mining rig out of dodgy chinese parts after a refund seems like a nice idea. Turning a profit on other people lies.

Provided it doesnt burn down your house that is :/

The premise is nice only you know that this will not be a very good mining card. It will use plenty of power while not really delivering much in the way of performance. Was fun to play with but I suspect not much other use.

Back
Top Bottom