** LIAN-LI PC-O11 DYNAMIC EDITION - A NEW ENTHUSIAST PRICE/PERFORMANCE CONTENDER ARRIVES **

Associate
it came with a square rubber block with a tiny piece of 3m tape on one side, I've not worked out what it's for yet, it's not in the instructions anywhere ?? ?

I too am stumped by that rubber block. Glad I'm not missing something obvious, or at least not alone in it :)

Associate
Just ordered the vertical mount.

My 1080ti EVGA FTW3 hybrid is in but the water tubes out the top of the card come out too far so can’t shut the side ha!

Hope I’ll be able to get that and my sound card (Asus Xonar Essence STX 2) in.

Soldato
Just ordered the vertical mount.

My 1080ti EVGA FTW3 hybrid is in but the water tubes out the top of the card come out too far so can’t shut the side ha!

Hope I’ll be able to get that and my sound card (Asus Xonar Essence STX 2) in.

damn i have the same card dont want to vertical mount it ffs

Associate
Tell me about it. Hope I won’t get a performance hit.

In regards to mounting the GPU rad:

I didn’t want the GPU rad on the bottom (plus once the vertical mount is in that won’t be an option. Can’t have it at the top cause my krakens x62 (280) is mounted there (not sure it would reach anyway. Only option I can think of was mounting the rad next to the Mobo -side vents - it will just reach the side vents but man the tubes are stretched. Hopefully the vertical mount will give me a little slack back.

Soldato
i was always planning to mount mine on the bottom will have to see if i get a chance to attempt my build this weekend

might have to use my 1080 ti FE for the time being sell the FTW3 and go full watercooling when the 11 series is out

Soldato
Well im all plugged in, up and running, my system is a little cooler, but nothing to write home about, I worked it out to down by 2oC but every little helps.

My only gripe really is the vertical GPU mount, they wasted a lot of space, the graphics card basically sits right across the middle of the case, which means if you have any other cards to get in, trust me, its tight and you will have to cut a section out of the bottom bracket in order to get a PCI-e x1 riser cable in there, they could have allowed the card to come closer to the glass, you'll see in the pictures below, my soundcard is right up against the back of my GPU, I wasn't able to use the next slot over as the back of the soundcard was simply fowling on the motherboard PCI slots and unfortunately, there simply isn't anywhere else to put it.

https://imgur.com/a/peCwJJa

Associate
i was always planning to mount mine on the bottom will have to see if i get a chance to attempt my build this weekend

might have to use my 1080 ti FE for the time being sell the FTW3 and go full watercooling when the 11 series is out

Let us know how you get on dude. If the bottom works for you i'll give it a go - got two Corsair ML PRO 120's mounted there at the mo.

It would sort out a lot of issues including the sound card and save me on the vertical mount! =)

Haha - yeah good way of talking ourselves into getting a full custom loop that is what I was thinking too rofl. I'm hoping to get an 1180 as well (or whatever they decide to call it).

Associate
Well im all plugged in, up and running, my system is a little cooler, but nothing to write home about, I worked it out to down by 2oC but every little helps.

My only gripe really is the vertical GPU mount, they wasted a lot of space, the graphics card basically sits right across the middle of the case, which means if you have any other cards to get in, trust me, its tight and you will have to cut a section out of the bottom bracket in order to get a PCI-e x1 riser cable in there, they could have allowed the card to come closer to the glass, you'll see in the pictures below, my soundcard is right up against the back of my GPU, I wasn't able to use the next slot over as the back of the soundcard was simply fowling on the motherboard PCI slots and unfortunately, there simply isn't anywhere else to put it.

Loving the pics dude =)

Thanks for the info on the sound card m8 * gets his Dremel ready.

Associate
Problem is I would like to use the side fans to blow out (fans look better without seeing the bearing mount), that and with two fans exhausting rad out top going to be negative pressure, could balance it with 3 fans at bottom running a tad faster though, suppose I will just have to see how others get on, got three weeks to plan, maybe I'll have the fans other side of rad so they can blow in without looking fugly.

Soldato
Problem is I would like to use the side fans to blow out (fans look better without seeing the bearing mount), that and with two fans exhausting rad out top going to be negative pressure, could balance it with 3 fans at bottom running a tad faster though, suppose I will just have to see how others get on, got three weeks to plan, maybe I'll have the fans other side of rad so they can blow in without looking fugly.

I have them blowing out too on the side fans, I agree, they look better without seeing the bearing mounts, I just received my 3 new fans, I went for the Corsair LL120's pack of 3, cant wait to get them in there, just cant be bothered at the moment with all the wiring, I am however, like you stated, negative pressure, considering turning the top 2 around so they are pulling air into the case through the radiator into the case, maybe i'll swap the top fans and rad around all together so the fans are on top of the rad, but pushing air through it into the case.

Soldato
@NightElf Managed to get it in. Just

2018-06-02%2021.52.27.jpg

2018-06-02%2021.52.36.jpg

Associate
Holy potatoes!

I’m gonna give it a go as well!

Do the pipes bend ok out of the GPU?

Bit squashed?

The system looks very nice m8. Really good!

Associate

If the vertical gpu is too close to the glass it just suffocates.

Back
Top Bottom