*** WWDC18 June 2018, Today 6PM ***

Soldato
Siri Shortcuts looks to be a step in the right direction. It’s great that 3rd party apps can now get Siri integration but users need to setup and configure the integration and group together actions to a trigger phrase (basically its a version IFTT).

However to me it only addresses part of the problem, Siri still isn’t smart enough. With Apples work with machine learning I’m amazed Siri can’t be made to do this sort of thing automatically.

I’m disappointed I still can’t ask Siri to carry out two requests at once in one interaction.

Mobster
Soldato
Siri Shortcuts looks to be a step in the right direction. It’s great that 3rd party apps can now get Siri integration but users need to setup and configure the integration and group together actions to a trigger phrase (basically its a version IFTT).

However to me it only addresses part of the problem, Siri still isn’t smart enough. With Apples work with machine learning I’m amazed Siri can’t be made to do this sort of thing automatically.

I’m disappointed I still can’t ask Siri to carry out two requests at once in one interaction.

Siri won't ever beat Google Assistant because Apple just don't collect enough data. That's basically why Siri sucks.

Soldato
Some interesting things announced - as well as some of the usual boring stuff. I like the way the AR market is going, an interesting few years ahead of us I think.

Good to see Hiking added, and activity improvements in general will be welcome as mine isn't the most accurate at the moment. Dark mode is always welcome, and some good new finder additions - I will most likely utilise them a lot for someone who doesn't edit images beyond the incredible basics such as crop/rotate.

Permabanned
OP
After today I think due to the price of devices and the dropping of the support in my beloved MacBook Air from 10.14 I no longer will be upgrading any devices I own. I am officially lost. lol

APPLE iPhone 6s 16GB

oqQDpH5.png

Apple MacBook Air 2011 13"

Glun1AI.png

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
Not sure how many of you guys are running the beta but wow, it seems super stable at the moment and much more responsive than 11.4. First betas are usually a bit of a **** show.

Back
Top Bottom