Logitech G810 V Logitech G610

Caporegime
Anyone offer an opinion on these two keyboards? The Logitech G610 has the Cherry MX Red Switches the G810 the Romer-G

The G610 is EOL but I can still get hold of one...

Cheers

Soldato
Do you have earlier experience from MX Red or not?
If having normal membrane/rubber dome keyboard that very light linear switch might easily cause accidental key presses:
Romer-G has some resistance before depressing so would be safer first mechanical switch.
Also its lightning is better than in Cherry MX and with internal noise damping for both down and upstroke it has lot calmer/smoother overal sound.

Caporegime
OP
Do you have earlier experience from MX Red or not?
If having normal membrane/rubber dome keyboard that very light linear switch might easily cause accidental key presses:
Romer-G has some resistance before depressing so would be safer first mechanical switch.
Also its lightning is better than in Cherry MX and with internal noise damping for both down and upstroke it has lot calmer/smoother overal sound.

Currently using a Steelseries Apex Raw and just fancied an upgrade....My nephew got a Razor Ornata Chroma and I sort of like it...But fancied a real mechanical keyboard.

Soldato
Currently using a Steelseries Apex Raw and just fancied an upgrade....My nephew got a Razor Ornata Chroma and I sort of like it...But fancied a real mechanical keyboard.
That's membrane/rubber dome keyboard, so non-linear Romer-G would be safer than very light linear switch by having some initial "resistance".
(besides calmer/smoother noise)
Also Romer-G has similar illumination coming from center of switch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MJPtoxUx7Y

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Looks nice but pricy!

Iv'e been looking at the Filco Majestouch-2 Full Size Tactile Action UK Keyboard

I've had one of those before, they're nice keyboards. I'm using a Corsair K70 LUX at the moment with Reds. Can't fault it tbh.

Associate
I've used the G810 for some time now and absolutely love it.

Romer-G is very responsive, tiny actuation distance and the RGB backlighting is the best of any keyboard I've used, but this is personal preference I guess as I don't like the light "bleed" around the keys from most other switches.

The per-key lighting can be manually assigned and most games have profiles which automatically lay out the per key lighting for you.

It's also built like a tank, very weighty. Only downside is it is harder to clean than the G610 which has the switches mounted on the bare backplate.

Comes recommended from me!

Associate
I've used the G810 for some time now and absolutely love it.

Romer-G is very responsive, tiny actuation distance and the RGB backlighting is the best of any keyboard I've used, but this is personal preference I guess as I don't like the light "bleed" around the keys from most other switches.

The per-key lighting can be manually assigned and most games have profiles which automatically lay out the per key lighting for you.

It's also built like a tank, very weighty. Only downside is it is harder to clean than the G610 which has the switches mounted on the bare backplate.

Comes recommended from me!

Bought one of these as my boy needed a proper mechanical type keyboard. Its currently connected to my rig "for testing" and so far the experience is positive. The biggest difference from my K95 Platinum is that there is quite some resistance on the key press. I've got MX browns in the K95 which feel like the have no resistance so its definitely taking some getting used to.

Will persevere for a couple of weeks to see how I get on but right now there is quite a difference from what I'm used to.

Associate
So after a fairly heavy weekend on PUBG with the G810 I don’t think I’ll be going back to the K95.

It’s a less fancy keyboard with slightly less features than the K95 but it just works superbly well.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
I've just moved from a K95 Platinum with (MX Speeds) to a G513 Carbon (Romer G Linear Keys) and find it a much better overall keyboard for me, so I can highly recommend the G513 or G513 Carbon.

I also find the Logitech software to much better than that of the Corsair iQue.

Associate
I've just moved from a K95 Platinum with (MX Speeds) to a G513 Carbon (Romer G Linear Keys) and find it a much better overall keyboard for me, so I can highly recommend the G513 or G513 Carbon.

I also find the Logitech software to much better than that of the Corsair iQue.

^^ This.

Replaced my K95 Platinum (Browns) with a G513 Carbon (tactile) and the feel for typing is so much better. I agree Logitech’s software is a far more pleasant experience.

Corsair struggled with Cue and Cue2 (and Link was a disastrous mess) and now seem to be struggling with iQue firefighting problems. They fix one issue and create others.

Best

Wulf

Back
Top Bottom