Recording video for YouTube

Soldato
I want to record some video of myself doing some electronics work, and of course, I need a camera to do that. The problem is I have no idea about anything to do with cameras.

I was thinking of starting off using my phone (a OnePlus 6), but I didn't know if there were any holders or stands for it to make it easy to record what I am doing on a workbench.

If that isn't an option what would you recommend? I'm not looking to spend an awful lot of money but if I could record in 1080p that would be great.

Associate
logitech c920 and obs software, job done.

the c920 can mount to any tripod as well as sit on a screen and
the mic is not half bad tbh.

Associate
With a camera like the Oneplus 6, I'd say get a phone tripod for a couple of quid from Amazon or eBay and do it that way.

Inbuilt mic should be more than enough but you can always just get a lapel mic or boom mic depending on needs and plug it straight in.

Soldato
OP
With a camera like the Oneplus 6, I'd say get a phone tripod for a couple of quid from Amazon or eBay and do it that way.

Inbuilt mic should be more than enough but you can always just get a lapel mic or boom mic depending on needs and plug it straight in.

I think I'll do that to start with. At least I'll know if it is something I want to continue doing without spending too much money.

Back
Top Bottom