Anyone else still rocking Z5500 on their main rig?

Associate
yup still have my z5500 in the bedroom, backlight is half & half but bass is still going strong :D

Also still using z2300 on my pc which are a good 10 year old.

Associate
I still have my z5500 from 2009 no issues at all, started plugged into my living room then moved to my PC and still going strong, even the remote is still good. i keep thinking of reaplcing them but they are the oldest tech I have and would feel bad losing them :)

Man of Honour
Best money I have ever spent on speakers.

Tempted to say had them for over a decade.

The backlight has long gone but everything else is golden :D

Yup, still a brilliant setup! They replaced mine when the backlight went, I was surprised since they were already old. Fuse in the sub went once and they occasionally increase the volume on their own. Love them though. Mine must be ten years old now.

Associate
I've still got my Logitech Z-3e speakers. I thought they were done for but the problem was my old amp. I now have the Logitechs connected to the new amp through its headphone socket, with my floorstanding speakers for music hooked up to the speaker outputs and the S/PDIF from the PC straight into a Yamaha amp. This allows me to use both sets of speakers independently.

I use the Logitechs when gaming and they still sound great, especially when using the DAC in the Yamaha. I only ever have 2.1 sound, but that's all I want.

Associate
Still have mine, but only the front 3 connected. I've debated replacing them with some Ruark MR1's and getting an adapter to keep the sub from the z5500.

Soldato
Still have mine, but only the front 3 connected. I've debated replacing them with some Ruark MR1's and getting an adapter to keep the sub from the z5500.

The Ruark MR1 Mk2s are great speakers. I've got them paired with a Wharfedale SPC-10 to fill in the lows a bit and it's a solid set up - love it.

I had the Harmon Kardon Soundsticks III prior, and the Z5500 prior to that. Gotta say, I missed the 5.1 when I moved to the HK setup but there was definitely a sound quality improvement.. and again moving to the Ruarks is a noticeable improvement, especially at higher volumes.

Associate
I had to sell my z5500 set up years ago due to size issues got the z906's a while ago the sub is a lot smaller, probably not as good sound wise as the z5500 but with so many inputs I have a shed load of stuff plugged in and
it sure gets the job done. I wonder if a new variant of this kind of setup will ever come out, I doubt if the demand is there.

Last edited:
Associate
Still got my Z5500, they're so old that when I started to have issues Logitech couldn't recognize the serial/part numbers on the stickers. Managed to fix most of the problems myself (dead LED's, leaky caps) and LOVE THEM. If they ever fail, I'd have to hold a full blown funeral for them, they're family now :(

Associate
Still have my Z5500. They're providing sound for our main TV in the front room. Thought of replacing them countless times, but they still do such a great job 12 years later...

ETA: unlike others in the thread, the only issue I've had in those 12 years is one of the rubber buttons falling off the remote control. Who says they don't make things like they used to?!

Last edited:
Soldato
Still have my Z5500. They're providing sound for our main TV in the front room. Thought of replacing them countless times, but they still do such a great job 12 years later...

ETA: unlike others in the thread, the only issue I've had in those 12 years is one of the rubber buttons falling off the remote control. Who says they don't make things like they used to?!

the thing is, theyhey are designed for near-field use with you sitting at most a few feet away. In in average living room they are going to be way out of their depth and any decent bookshelf and sub combo would show them a clean pair of heels I'm sure.

Don
Mine quickly developed a fault with the sub that many the front right speaker was dodgy. Had a refund on them but I think I still have them somewhere. If I find them, I'll post you the control unit with working backlight :)

Associate
Still got a set here, must be 10 years old. Back-light has been half on/off for years but apart from that they've been solid. Still on the original subwoofer fuse :)

Soldato
I've still got my Z5500's, theyre sat on the dining table in 2.1. Rarely use it, think I for them in 2007, so almost 11 years old now!

the thing is, theyhey are designed for near-field use with you sitting at most a few feet away. In in average living room they are going to be way out of their depth and any decent bookshelf and sub combo would show them a clean pair of heels I'm sure.

Maybe sound quality wise, not pure pushing power though.

Back
Top Bottom