Driving pet hates...

Soldato
Just for fun. Name your biggest driving pet hates that infuriates you when other drivers do it even it's perfectly legal and safe to do it.

For me it's drivers that 10-20mph or more UNDER the designated speed limit in pretty much perfect conditions and no legitimate reason.

Soldato
OP
People who don't use signals exi5ing a roundabout

I'll agree on this too.

Was just about to post this. But I think in lieu I'll go for people who drive needlessly slowly. Had one tonight, 25mph in a nsl.

It was exactly the same situation that made me think of the thread.

Old guy who looked like he had more grey hair than grey matter pootling along a NSL (long and relatively straight single carriageway bypass), nothing in front of him at 27mph. I over took him, no more than 40 as I didn't want to give him a heart attack. As soon as I'd completed and sped up to 60, looked in rear view and the old codger was about 50yrd back but matching my speed. I must have woken him up

Soldato
There’s too many to list driving standards are getting worse and worse. I can’t remember the last time I had a nice stress free drive that didn’t involve some idiot or another.
I’ll list 2 that I notice each day on my motorway commute and that is the current trend of as soon as there is a tiny little gap between you and the car in front someone from another lane barges there way into it usually indicating and moving at the same time rather than given you proper warning usually forcing you and the traffic behind to brake harshly. Which then normally has a knock on affect on accidents for the majority of drivers that think it’s acceptable to leave a 1 car length gap from the car in front while doing 70mph

Soldato
Inb4 "life's too short to worry about these things blah blah blah"

Mine is people who take ages to move off from traffic lights or those, when in a queue going through traffic lights, leave a large gap between them and the car in front.

Sgarrista
Commissario
The one that makes me want to take a bat in the car and smash peoples cars up, those who go in the right hand lane at a set of lights, and then pull off so slowly that you get undertaken by 3-4 cars.

Soldato
People who do 5mph under the limit, just slow enough to annoy and yet not slow enough to make a safe overtake easy, cmon people you're nearly there just a little bit more....

Tractors using main roads at peak times, yes i get your farming work is important, yes its not possible to go everywhere via back lanes, but all your doing is aggrovating a lot of hungry people who just want to get home and have their tea.

Tailgaters, had one the other day, chap on a moped was so close if the boot door opened it'd take him out, although whats really bad is the ones that refuse to overtake when there's ample opportunity (even on a dual carriageway!), Well if you dont want to overtake i hope you dont mind me dropping down to 20mph and taking in the view.

Soldato
People that don't understand who has right of way at the end of a slip road and expect you to move for them to join the motorway, especially annoying when they pull along side you and match your speed.

Soldato
There’s too many to list driving standards are getting worse and worse. I can’t remember the last time I had a nice stress free drive that didn’t involve some idiot or another.
I’ll list 2 that I notice each day on my motorway commute and that is the current trend of as soon as there is a tiny little gap between you and the car in front someone from another lane barges there way into it usually indicating and moving at the same time rather than given you proper warning usually forcing you and the traffic behind to brake harshly. Which then normally has a knock on affect on accidents for the majority of drivers that think it’s acceptable to leave a 1 car length gap from the car in front while doing 70mph

Your contradicting yourself surely, complain about people pulling into the tiny gap you leave then complain about the tiny gap others leave.

Soldato
People who sit in the middle lane.

They could easily move over and stay in lane 1 for around 30 seconds before needing to move out to overtake, but nooooo, they see that they will at some point possibly need to overtake so think it's best to just stay in lane 2... For their entire trip!!!

I tend to make a point to these people by shooting up their backside and flashing, they move.

Permabanned
People who sit in the middle lane.

They could easily move over and stay in lane 1 for around 30 seconds before needing to move out to overtake, but nooooo, they see that they will at some point possibly need to overtake so think it's best to just stay in lane 2... For their entire trip!!!

I tend to make a point to these people by shooting up their backside and flashing, they move.
People who think changing lane twice is better than changing lane zero times.
People who use their car as a weapon.

Soldato
People still using their phone while driving (will never change).

People who do 30 in a 70 going past a slip road, so annoying especially when the slip road has almost come to a stop because the cars at the front are also too slow to make a quick entry onto the road.

People who have no concern about what’s going on around them, driving down a 40 road on Sunday and it had the top layer of tarmac taken away so it was now a bare road covered in gravel, the limit was 15 and being on a motorbike, it’s much harder to keep it steady but I still had cars going past at 30-40 on tight bends, hitting me and my bike in stones and also putting me at risk in case they had to pull back in infront of me.

Soldato
People still using their phone while driving (will never change).

As a passenger I had fun with this the other day.
Saw a guy in a Tesla on his phone so told the wife to get along side him and pointed my phone at him, he saw me and threw his phone down and looked really guilty. Was great fun but also disturbing how many still do it.

Soldato
Tractors who decide to come out at 8am and go home at 5pm, who then create huge tailbacks on single track roads and refuse to pull over at intervals to allow traffic to pass.

Those who sit behind said tractors for miles and miles even though there are passing opportunities - these type of people also fail to leave space so others can leapfrog their way to overtaking and get on with their lives.

Those who drive well below the designated speed limit and then hoof it once outside that limit; rinse and repeat.

Cyclists - not all, just the ones that come at 8am, leaving at 5pm. There is one guy on my usual commute. Single carriageway, large amounts of traffic in each direction and this guy is pootling along with a huge tailback EVERYDAY! What concerns me most is that he is on some relic of a bike and never wears a helmet - rain, shine, summer or winter, he is there. One day i know he won't be....................

Soldato
People who:
- Sit well under the national speed limit (40 in a 60 for example)
- Use mobile phones while driving
- Hesitate at roundabouts/junctions
- Fail to use indicators
- Pull out causing you to slow down considerably quicker than needed if they picked up speed quicker

Associate
When people don't overtake a car doing 20-25mph under the speed limit.

I also had someone doing 50 in a 60 zone, and when it opened up to a dual carriageway for overtaking (for 200m or so) he sped up to 90mph so no one could get past him in time.

There's also a weird bloke I work with who's obsessive about being the first to clock out and leave. Runs to his car and speeds off out the car park then proceeds to do 40mph in a 60 zone where it's impossible to overtake.

Back
Top Bottom