£29 Travelodge Rooms

Soldato
Travelodge Swindon City Centre on Saturday April 13th 2019 is £30 for a night, I did end up opting for Premier Inn for £38 instead though as they include wifi and parking in that cost and both were a small extra at the Travelodge. Plus the Premier Inn was slightly closer to where I am going to be on the Saturday and Sunday.

Soldato
You must have very low standards and lots of money...!!

It was a good meal especially knowing that I was on a training day with whatever the company decided to put on for lunch.

Full cooked breakfast, with continental options to boot. Yogurt, fruit, juices. A Costa bean to cup machine that didn't taste any different to the 'real' version.

The £9.50 is reasonably priced in comparison to any of the big name coffee places. Somewhere like Pret for a coffee, savoury item and pastry would be around a similar price and I would only consider that a snack rather than a proper meal.

I've earmarked a few Premier Inns in my area so will hopefully try their breakfasts in the coming months.

Soldato
To be fair the breakfast at Premier Inn and Travel Lodge is a little overpriced for the quality of food but I suppose the sort of customer that tend to stay there also like to get a 'good fill' in before they leave.

The quality is better at other more up-market hotels but their price is the same (£9-£10), I'm talking Raddison Blu, Jury's, Doubletree etc.

Caporegime
To be fair the breakfast at Premier Inn and Travel Lodge is a little overpriced for the quality of food but I suppose the sort of customer that tend to stay there also like to get a 'good fill' in before they leave.

The quality is better at other more up-market hotels but their price is the same (£9-£10), I'm talking Raddison Blu, Jury's, Doubletree etc.

Paid £30 for breakfast once in a 5* in the Cotswold, it wasn't any more enjoyable than the Premier Inn one. Nor was the £20 one in NYC (TRYP hotel), the ones that are really memorable are some of the 4/5* hotels in Asia where it has breakfast buffet with everything from Dim Sum, with an omelette chef to noodle chef cook to order, to fresh fruit, the full english, Chinese Congee, pastries, cereal, fresh coffee and tea at about £20 per person.

A lot of Premier Inn are also out of town, just off a motorway junction so the alternative is either service station food or McDonald's breakfast. Sure they can be cheaper but I am not sure they are any nicer.

Soldato
Paid £30 for breakfast once in a 5* in the Cotswold, it wasn't any more enjoyable than the Premier Inn one. Nor was the £20 one in NYC (TRYP hotel), the ones that are really memorable are some of the 4/5* hotels in Asia where it has breakfast buffet with everything from Dim Sum, with an omelette chef to noodle chef cook to order, to fresh fruit, the full english, Chinese Congee, pastries, cereal, fresh coffee and tea at about £20 per person.

A lot of Premier Inn are also out of town, just off a motorway junction so the alternative is either service station food or McDonald's breakfast. Sure they can be cheaper but I am not sure they are any nicer.

I don't disagree, they are good, they very much do the job and are better than a fast food breakfast. I was just saying the hotels which are normally more expensive but generally cater to a similar market like Jury's, Raddison and Doubletree have a better offer for a similar price. £10 is probably the most anyone would pay for a buffet type breakfast you get in these sorts of places but you do get nicer stuff at the more expensive hotels. I guess it's all just built into the average take from a customer, the cheaper room is made up by charging more for breakfast and vise versa with the expensive one.

I can't see much besting the buffet breakfast at the Wynn in Vegas, that was $20 each per day mind but worth every penny.

Those hotels in Asia sound good, I do love a bit of Asian food, any time of the day I don't care :D.

Soldato

Not always. They have them in most major cities or towns with places to eat around. Depends on where your going. If your going somewhere that's a little remote or has no major attrations, you will usually just see them in service station or a random a road.

Caporegime
I don't disagree, they are good, they very much do the job and are better than a fast food breakfast. I was just saying the hotels which are normally more expensive but generally cater to a similar market like Jury's, Raddison and Doubletree have a better offer for a similar price. £10 is probably the most anyone would pay for a buffet type breakfast you get in these sorts of places but you do get nicer stuff at the more expensive hotels. I guess it's all just built into the average take from a customer, the cheaper room is made up by charging more for breakfast and vise versa with the expensive one.

I can't see much besting the buffet breakfast at the Wynn in Vegas, that was $20 each per day mind but worth every penny.

Those hotels in Asia sound good, I do love a bit of Asian food, any time of the day I don't care :D.

Something like this.

Caporegime
Not always. They have them in most major cities or towns I find. Depends on where your going. If your going somewhere that's a little out of town you would expect to see one on a random A road or service station.

Usually dotted in major cities or towns

Tbh I avoid those because I would be driving and I look for those with free parking, which are the out of town ones.

Soldato
Something like this.

Hell yes! I'd be all over that, now I need to convince my wife we need a holiday in Asia.

I think we are getting bogged down with breakfasts, which many Travelodges don't offer anyway.

Sit down breakfasts are for old people and mummy's boys.

To be fair I actively avoid the Travelodges that don't do it, there is normally another or a premier in within 2 miles that does.

A good breakfast really sets you up for a good day, especially when your on the road for work. I never sleep great in a hotel regardless of how nice it is so a decent breakfast really goes a long way.

Caporegime
Hell yes! I'd be all over that, now I need to convince my wife we need a holiday in Asia.

Here is a trick, it is often better value pay an upgrade to their rooms which includes Lounge access which will give you breakfast buffet, afternoon snack buffet, access to the lounge (more free food) and some even the evening bar which includes free alcohol.

eg. Cordis in Hong Kong

I've looked into this, this basically cost about £60 for 2 people extra per day.

http://www.cordishotels.com/en/hong-kong/club-lounge/

• Personalised check-in and check-out at Club Lounge
  • Daily breakfast at Club Lounge or The Place
    (Mon – Fri: 6:30am to 10:30am; Sat, Sun & Public Holidays: 6:30am to 11:00am)
  • Snacks, afternoon tea, canapés, and other refreshments
    (served at various times throughout the day)
  • Champagne daily from 6:00pm to 8:00pm
  • 2-hour complimentary use of Club meeting space per stay (Subject to availability)
  • Unlimited wireless and broadband Internet in your room
  • Use of our iPads® and Notebooks within the Lounge
  • Complimentary pressing service of 3 garments on arrival
  • Complimentary use of rooftop swimming pool, and Fitness Centre (level 41)
  • Book any 60 minutes Chuan Spa treatment valued at $960 or above and receive the choice of either an additional 30 minutes massage extension or a mini feet retreat (not cumulative. Advance reservation is required and subject to availability).

Soldato
I'm in a Travelodge room right now and it's fine, with a decent shower and comfortable bed (no bedbugs, I checked!) It's one without a cafeteria, just a room and that's your lot which is fine because our group is meeting up at 9 for a full English.

I brought a carton of cold coffee to get me going in the morning but forgot they provide a micro kettle and supplies for a hot drink, what a luxury!

Night night!

Soldato
Fresh air has been acquired, don't worry ;) It's clear that it's not really going anywhere, I've probably wasted enough of my time arguing to pay for one of those £29 hotel rooms, with a plate of vomit on top :D

Soldato
If I'm in a city centre location I'd rather go find a 'Spoons for breakfast always works out cheaper than a travelodge/premier inn type breakfast. Only time I have a hotel breakfast is if it's included in the hotel room price with no reduction for no breakfast.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
They are?! This thread has revealed all manner of weirdness but that's the best so far for me.
I never thought of a seated breakfast as being for old people or "mummy's boys", what a weird concept.

I’m glad that you said that Lopéz, I was vaguely mystified, I presumed that he meant as opposed to breakfast in bed.
I’m not an “every day” breakfast eater, but if I do have one, it’s never eaten laying down or standing up, always sitting down.

Soldato
You must have very low standards and lots of money...!!

Firstly, that's a hostel so is in a different class completely.
Secondly, anyone who says St Enoch is crap should stay at the Kings Head Hotel in Rochester... that's assuming you can cope with a room dripping in pigeon **** and windows that don't close.

Correction it used to be a hostel but it's a hotel now but they haven't done anything to refurbish it.

A hostel is where you book a bed in a multiple bed dorm. When I went it was all private bookable rooms like a normal hotel would be. Either way the place was a disgrace.

Back
Top Bottom