£29 Travelodge Rooms

Permabanned
I’m glad that you said that Lopéz, I was vaguely mystified, I presumed that he meant as opposed to breakfast in bed.
I’m not an “every day” breakfast eater, but if I do have one, it’s never eaten laying down or standing up, always sitting down.

It's just the idea of a formal breakfast is utterly lost on me, a cup of tea and that's it, I've never been hungry at 7.30am.

I'm overweight enough without eating a caloriefest of greasy bacon and eggs 30 minutes after waking up.

Man of Honour
You do realise they all do continental breakfasts as well? And there is not a set amount you have to eat, so just have what you feel like.

Soldato
I think you both need to get some fresh air.
What for?
This is just a light debate. No-one's going to be shot, or anything...

Full cooked breakfast, with continental options to boot. Yogurt, fruit, juices. A Costa bean to cup machine
Ah, you didn't specify all that stuff as well - That's not breakfast, it's a full-on buffet!

The £9.50 is reasonably priced in comparison to any of the big name coffee places.
Yes, but an Aston Martin is a reasonably priced car compared to all the high end gold-plated sports cars you could go for....

Sit down breakfasts are for old people and mummy's boys.
Come say that to the faces of my work crews. If they don't stuff you head first down a sewer for it, I'll be somewhat surprised... and mildly disappointed! :D

A hostel is where you book a bed in a multiple bed dorm.
Err... yes, I know this.

Correction it used to be a hostel but it's a hotel now but they haven't done anything to refurbish it.
I just didn't know that. But if they haven't changed anything, I'd argue it's still a hostel in everything but the letters on the outside... and maybe what the taxman has to say about it.

It's just the idea of a formal breakfast is utterly lost on me, a cup of tea and that's it, I've never been hungry at 7.30am.
Come work with us, out on the roads for a week. Especially a busy one where you have to send the back boy off to get breakfast for everyone, and the best you get is a cold egg sandwich. You'll be begging for a nice sit-down in a warm, dry, lit cafe!!

Permabanned
Come work with us, out on the roads for a week. Especially a busy one where you have to send the back boy off to get breakfast for everyone, and the best you get is a cold egg sandwich. You'll be begging for a nice sit-down in a warm, dry, lit cafe!!

No thanks, I don't get up till 10am and I never eat anything I havent prepared myself.

Man of Honour
If I'm in a city centre location I'd rather go find a 'Spoons for breakfast always works out cheaper than a travelodge/premier inn type breakfast. Only time I have a hotel breakfast is if it's included in the hotel room price with no reduction for no breakfast.

You’re a better man than me Lee, I only ever went in one, in Canterbury city centre, it was like the bar in Star Wars.
I was jonesing for a vodka and tonic, but I backed out and found another pub, I’ve never been in one since, and I don’t think I would do, even if I was just bursting for a ****.

Soldato
Soldato
You’re a better man than me Lee, I only ever went in one, in Canterbury city centre, it was like the bar in Star Wars.
I was jonesing for a vodka and tonic, but I backed out and found another pub, I’ve never been in one since, and I don’t think I would do, even if I was just bursting for a ****.

Admittedly some 'Spoons are dives especially in back street town places, but there are some nicer large city centre branches about which are usually nice and quiet on the early mornings. You can get a huge cooked breakfast and unlimited coffee and still have change from a tenner.

Soldato
Admittedly some 'Spoons are dives especially in back street town places, but there are some nicer large city centre branches about which are usually nice and quiet on the early mornings. You can get a huge cooked breakfast and unlimited coffee and still have change from a tenner.

There's two in Cardiff that are probably 100 metres apart. One is avoid at all the costs, while the other is always kept tidy, doesn't have the 11.00 am mid week drinkers and is generally an alright place to have a drink in.

Back
Top Bottom