Metal Modders?

Soldato
Anybody do sheet metal work? I am wondering about whether the way to do a mod I plan is to have a front panel made which has cut outs for fans as I want them.

eg. Define R6 takes 2x140 or 3x120 in front. It has sufficient space (removing Optical bay) to have 2x140+1x120 (I'd have it full of HDDs which need cooling). So probably make up a mount for 140-120-140 for the front..

But I'd need to find somewhere to get a sheet of metal cut to spec.... ANy ideas?

Soldato
Anybody do sheet metal work? I am wondering about whether the way to do a mod I plan is to have a front panel made which has cut outs for fans as I want them.

eg. Define R6 takes 2x140 or 3x120 in front. It has sufficient space (removing Optical bay) to have 2x140+1x120 (I'd have it full of HDDs which need cooling). So probably make up a mount for 140-120-140 for the front..

But I'd need to find somewhere to get a sheet of metal cut to spec.... ANy ideas?

Lot of internet places or just find a local place with the right kit mate... CNC cutting place should have the right tools and you can probably send them the designs or just straight size if you want a simple sheet.

Back
Top Bottom