Man of Honour
Hi guys,

I'm thinking of buying some custom braided PSU extentions, but it's also occurred to me that I could also sleeve my own PSU cables, the thing is, I have a BeQuiet! Dark Power Pro 11 1000w that has a fixed 24pin cable (the rest are modular), so I was thinking that I could braid just half of the cables, so inside the main part of my PC would look braided but when it gets into the rear of the case the braiding would terminate about half way (the rear of the case is enclosed and not view-able) so this wouldn't be a problem from an aesthetics point of view.

My main query is, is this possible, any foreseeable problems? I would just use heat shrink at the halfway point to stop the braid from coming loose?

Has anyone done something similar? Would you do it again?

Thanks in advance for any feedback :)

Associate
Hi guys,

I'm thinking of buying some custom braided PSU extentions, but it's also occurred to me that I could also sleeve my own PSU cables, the thing is, I have a BeQuiet! Dark Power Pro 11 1000w that has a fixed 24pin cable (the rest are modular), so I was thinking that I could braid just half of the cables, so inside the main part of my PC would look braided but when it gets into the rear of the case the braiding would terminate about half way (the rear of the case is enclosed and not view-able) so this wouldn't be a problem from an aesthetics point of view.

My main query is, is this possible, any foreseeable problems? I would just use heat shrink at the halfway point to stop the braid from coming loose?

Has anyone done something similar? Would you do it again?

Thanks in advance for any feedback :)

our PRO Extension kits will be next week in stock at OCUK - which color theme does your rig have?

Soldato
What makes you say it's nicer? Genuinely curious? :)

I dislike the plastic shiny look, Matt black looks lovely and you can make it fit super snug. When you bend it it holds position with the wire unlike mega plastic spring MDPC.

If you pop on the rainforest you will find some Wild Elk 550 paracord for £5 per 50ft or 7.95 for 100ft if you fancy checking it out! Pretty straightforward to work with, pull out white strands and same as plastic sleeve, you can smooth it down the wire and get a really nice finish.

So yeah I bought that to test and ordered more now, vs £1.20 a meter or so it’s dirt cheap to do all your cables.

Man of Honour
OP
I dislike the plastic shiny look, Matt black looks lovely and you can make it fit super snug. When you bend it it holds position with the wire unlike mega plastic spring MDPC.

If you pop on the rainforest you will find some Wild Elk 550 paracord for £5 per 50ft or 7.95 for 100ft if you fancy checking it out! Pretty straightforward to work with, pull out white strands and same as plastic sleeve, you can smooth it down the wire and get a really nice finish.

So yeah I bought that to test and ordered more now, vs £1.20 a meter or so it’s dirt cheap to do all your cables.
Interesting, I'll take a look :)

Back
Top Bottom