Senior police officer faces sack over 'whiter than white' remark

Caporegime
Raccoon minus the rac

Ohhhhhh.

Lol feel dumb now.

Not sure how rhyming slang for a racist slur is comparable to whiter than white which if directed at a person for the colour of thier skin just wouldn't make sense as its always been about behaviour

Man of Honour
Raccoon minus the rac

Dis, absolutely no disrespect to you, but do you feel that Tefal was being a tad
“négligent avec le vérité”, in saying that he didn’t know what the word was?
Oops, just saw his post, looks like he knew it, but forgot.

Caporegime
Dis, absolutely no disrespect to you, but do you feel that Tefal was being a tad

It's tefal, fella ain't dumb by a long shot but he's also not a racist by an even longer one. I can genuinely believe it just wasn't in his train of thought.

Caporegime
You're basing all this on newspaper stories and the assumption that the comment was aimed at the whole group and not any individuals within the group.

I'm not saying the assumptions are incorrect, but they are assumptions all the same.

"Assume nothing" is a mantra I try to apply to all stories, especially those I read in newspapers.

Eh? Well yes I'm basing this on newspaper stories, you currently have no other source for this.

Soldato
Fair enough, it is somewhat stating the obvious though, I'm assume that people don't need to be told that they've read something in a newspaper.

It's not the reading that's the issue here, though. It's forming conclusions prematurely.

Soldato
Has there ever been one of these rightwing-rage-clickbait stories that has turned out to have been accurately reported? This story is tosh; just like every other story of this sort.

Yes, that's the danger. Were your Spidey senses tingling too? :)

Soldato
Spend enough time on youtube following clickbait and it will eat your brain.

SJW OBLITERATED by Jordan Peterson
Right wing NAZI DESTROYED by Feminist Goddess

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Has there ever been one of these rightwing-rage-clickbait stories that has turned out to have been accurately reported? This story is tosh; just like every other story of this sort.

Whilst you're absolutely right to be suspicious, I wouldn't be surprised if this was as reported. The Police do get a bit farcical about this and that's coming from someone who has been accused of being 'PC'.

Soldato
What sort of admin?

I don't know, someone keeping record, possibly taking minutes, that kind of thing?

It just strikes me as odd that, on the assumption that the story is accurate and the remark was made innocently, an Officer would make a complaint like this. Do you see what I mean?

Anyway, I don't want to ask you too much about these briefings, I appreciate it's probably not something you want to talk about in any detail. Cheers.

Caporegime
Whilst you're absolutely right to be suspicious, I wouldn't be surprised if this was as reported. The Police do get a bit farcical about this and that's coming from someone who has been accused of being 'PC'.

Oh, there'll be a kernel of truth in it, an officer will have used the phrase and will that officer will have been suspended. What I guarantee you is that the presentation in the story of a twelve month suspension over this phrase is garbage. The Police are, rightly, hyper-sensitive both about racism and the appearance of racism, but there will be something more serious, and likely more persistent, that they're conveniently ignoring. The press love this stuff, because they know that no-one with actual information will, or can, comment on an ongoing case so by the time there can be any response the story will have had its little rage hit and been long gone.

Caporegime

No it's just I'm nott from london and never really realised egg and spoon was rhyming for that.

Haven't heard ra-**** in so long it wasn't exactly my first though I was mentally trying to find a rhyming path from egg and spoon to the nword

Back
Top Bottom