Senior police officer faces sack over 'whiter than white' remark

Man of Honour
A senior police officer has been put on restricted duties while an investigation is underway into his use of the term 'whiter than white' during a briefing session to his staff. The investigation could take up to twelve months and disciplinary action could include being sacked (although I doubt that sanction would be used).

His staff are even supporting him saying that no malice was intended. My understanding of the term is that it simply refers to being very clean and originated from a time when getting white cloth clean was a very difficult act. I don't understand this phrase to be related in any way to the colour of skin or someone's race.

The 'politically correct' agenda in this country is out of control and the UK has gone utterly, utterly nuts. This will do far more harm to the police and society than any possible 'offense' that could have mistakenly been infered. We are building more and more trouble for ourselves as a society and, sadly, we will not be better off for it.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....officer-faces-action-saying-whiter-white/amp/

Back
Top Bottom