Monitor recommendations for photo editing

Soldato
I am looking to purchase a monitor solely for photo work and general desktop use. I currently have an Acer XB270HU which has been my all round monitor for work and play.
However I am now moving to a new house with a dedicated office and will have the space for two screens so would like to have a monitor for photo work and another for gaming and videos etc. I just bought an AOC AG322QC4 (£373) VA panel for the latter.
I initially had a budget of around £700 so this leaves me with pretty much around £350 maybe £400 at an absolute push. Having looked in that price range it seems that concessions need to be made in one area or another.
Is it better to get Wide gamut at 1080p/1440p or a more standard gamut at 4k? There are plenty of options at either but to find something that features both appears to be out of my reach. The only monitor I can see that fits that bill is the Dell P2415Q however reviews for this seem to be very thin on the ground.
Finally, an added bonus would be USB C input as this would allow me to connect my MBP 13 but not a deal breaker - I don't mind using a dongle in the office.
Any help would be much appreciated.
One final point, I would prefer something in the 24-25 inch screen size but if the right 27 inch is out there that's fine.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm looking at the BenQ PD2700Q to replace my 8 year old 1080p TN panel. I don't game anymore but do take photos and edit them.

Just wanted to know how the monitor is for you both and whether you calibrate it or use the factory calibration.

Budget is up to £350 for the replacement.

Back
Top Bottom