• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Spec me the cheapest 2560 x 1440 card

Associate
The biggest thing to trip up on might be to do with older graphics cards that output in HDMI ~1.0, where you'd need to reduce the refresh rate below 60 hz to run at 2560 x 1440. Would also need DVI dual link over single link if wanting to use that connector.

Soldato
I'd go with a 7** GPU as Nasha mentioned. Check the specs as I remember going for a 4GB card for some reason, might have been due to running two monitors - can't remember now.
Even with onboard graphics you might have needed a dedicated GPU anyway with the Dell 2711 @ 1440P 60Hz. Uising a 6700K I can only get 1440P over hdmi which the old 2711 doesn't support.

Soldato
Thanks guys. This motherboard does not have Integrated Graphics.
The onboard graphic is on the 2600. Whether or not the motherboard can output would just be down to if it has the necessary video output ports; though it is also true that unless the board has display port or dual-link DVI output it won't be able to do 60Hz at 1440p.

Back
Top Bottom