I'm going to be assuming the boxing stance for Cancer Research UK

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Now there's a title I never expected to be writing!

On December the 8th I will be boxing at the Moutnbatten Centre in Portsmouth to help raise money for Cancer Research UK. I'm currently half way through the 8 week training program and it's actually been great fun. Some really top guys there and everyone is down with the cause.

For anyone interested in witnessing my absolute destruction, tickets can be bought from here (be sure to make sure you put my name when on the bit that asks for the fighter's name, Robbie Khan), or for supporting the cause and donating to the charity, my JustGiving page is here.

I do not know who I will be fighting until the 3rd December. Pairings are done by the instructors who match you up against like-for-like skill, size etc.

Here's the gang as of last week:

44840877_10160995053005188_5803045642087432192_o.jpg

Four people have dropped out of the event in the last week however, and I expect many more will drop in coming weeks.

Thanks, and hope to maybe see some of you on fight night!

Man of Honour
I would pick the guy in the middle with the pink shorts. :)

Mind you...as a Gosportonian, every Saturday night in Gunwharf is a boxing stance night lol

Soldato
I didn't have time to read the thread, is that Pentonville Prison's class of 2018? I see one arsonist, a flasher, and a guy who deals pills that he says are E's but definitely aren't E's.

Joking aside I would not want to get punched in the face for charity, I'm more of a bake sale kind of guy. Fair play to you chap.

Caporegime
Please get knocked out by the girl, please get knocked out by the girl...

Edit - I mean the one in the middle. Just noticed there's another girl just beside you who looks like the heavyweight champion of the bunch.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
:D some good stuff there!

I would pick the guy in the middle with the pink shorts. :)

Mind you...as a Gosportonian, every Saturday night in Gunwharf is a boxing stance night lol

I don't tend to hang around on a Saturday night if I can help it in Portsmouth for that very reason :p

Sadly mrk I think there are people in here who others would much prefer to see taking a smack than yourself!

Poor Diddums :(

Can't we all just get along?!

Can we get a boxing stance logo (silhouette) made from your stance/fight?

Good luck :).

@mrk - speaking of which, who is doing the photography ;)?

My work are sponsoring me and I can have up to 3 sponsors IIRC, their logos are then printed on my shirt back. Maybe OcUK could be a sponsor too? @fiveub :p

No idea who is doing the photos, the event organisers from UWCB have their own media coverage too I think. I have a few mates who could do it I guess though. Unless you are offering?!

Why have you got pink wraps on?

:(

Nah, you picked the wrong song homie :D

I did consider this or a TayTay song to totally psych out the opponent, but then I'd be neglecting The Hammer!

Soldato
Good luck. Remember you'll be glad of every extra bit of cardio you've done outside of the ring once you're inside it. You aren't going to be Mayweather in 8 weeks but you can definitely be far fitter than the guy opposite you if you put in the work.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
Good luck. Remember you'll be glad of every extra bit of cardio you've done outside of the ring once you're inside it. You aren't going to be Mayweather in 8 weeks but you can definitely be far fitter than the guy opposite you if you put in the work.

I've been realising this during training! I did kickboxing for a while and still do calisthenics and gym multiple times a week which includes HIIT and strength classes. The first half of each training session is warmup, so mostly cardio. I don't need to rest during this but the number of people sweating buckets or stopping for a few mins breather was quite surprising.

Most of those people have since dropped out, but a handful remain and fair play to them for pushing themselves. It's all for a good cause and puts you into a motivated mood and is good discipline at the same time.

This all timed itself quite well as I'd set myself a 3 month goal to gain around 1 stone in muscle mass by the new year (gained 5KG in 6 weeks recently) so have been making the most of out-of-training classes/gym as above and strong nutrition above all else to help that growth.

I don't know if I'll win or lose the event, but it will be good fun regardless!

Caporegime
My work are sponsoring me and I can have up to 3 sponsors IIRC, their logos are then printed on my shirt back. Maybe OcUK could be a sponsor too? @fiveub :p

No idea who is doing the photos, the event organisers from UWCB have their own media coverage too I think. I have a few mates who could do it I guess though. Unless you are offering?!

I would have loved to but unfortunately you're nowhere near me and I have a poker night that evening. Will leave a donation tomorrow though :).

Back
Top Bottom