Seasonic Focus Plus Platinum 550W

Associate
I'm thinking of getting this unit but what worries me is that it only has one PCI-E cable with two connectors instead of two separate cables. The only issue is Seasonic's website recommends that you use two separate pci-e cables for gpus over 225w but only include one in the box. I'm surprised by this, even my Corsair 450HX came with two separate cables back in the day. Does that mean this psu is not suitable for gpus over 225w?

Soldato
Associate
I'm thinking of getting this unit but what worries me is that it only has one PCI-E cable with two connectors instead of two separate cables. The only issue is Seasonic's website recommends that you use two separate pci-e cables for gpus over 225w but only include one in the box. I'm surprised by this, even my Corsair 450HX came with two separate cables back in the day. Does that mean this psu is not suitable for gpus over 225w?

Hello,

Thank you for your message and for thinking to our FOCUS Plus 550W for your computer.
In our FAQ, we only put a recommendation as some high end graphic card are pulling more than 250W from PCIe cable and that we advise to use 2 cables as much as possible. For your FOCUS Plus 550, we will gladly ship you an extra cable to make you feel more confortable if you have a nice GPU to power. Just contact us and provide us a copy of your proof of purchase, serial number and complete postal address and we will take care of this for you. Any question, you can contact us any time and we will assist you as fast as possible.

Thank you.
Best Regards,

Associate
OP
Hello,

Thank you for your message and for thinking to our FOCUS Plus 550W for your computer.
In our FAQ, we only put a recommendation as some high end graphic card are pulling more than 250W from PCIe cable and that we advise to use 2 cables as much as possible. For your FOCUS Plus 550, we will gladly ship you an extra cable to make you feel more confortable if you have a nice GPU to power. Just contact us and provide us a copy of your proof of purchase, serial number and complete postal address and we will take care of this for you. Any question, you can contact us any time and we will assist you as fast as possible.

Thank you.
Best Regards,

Really appreciated, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom