Can I connect multiple sources?

Soldato
hey guys,

I have ordered the Razer Leviathan 5.1.

I also have the razer nommo speakers..can I connect both at once?

For instance, use optical for the leviathan and connect the nommo speakers via 3.5mm connection to the motherboard?

Soldato
You can, but it depends on whether you want each set of speakers to play different audio (Example; Nommo for music and Leviathan for games/films), or whether you want both sets playing exactly the same audio.

Soldato
OP
You can, but it depends on whether you want each set of speakers to play different audio (Example; Nommo for music and Leviathan for games/films), or whether you want both sets playing exactly the same audio.

Thanks for the swift reply.

I’m wanting them to play the same audio source.

Soldato
That's going to be slightly more difficult then.

Onboard audio and optical output are treated as two separate audio devices by Windows and can only play one audio stream to the default audio device. To get two different audio devices to receive the same audio stream, means using separate software.

You need use something like Virtual Audio Cable. There are probably others, but VAC is the only one I have used.

Using VAC; it can be fiddly to setup if you are not used to how it works, but you do need to buy the software, otherwise a voice message that says 'trial' every so often, which is rather annoying.

A quick search shows there are free alternatives.

Soldato
OP
That's going to be slightly more difficult then.

Onboard audio and optical output are treated as two separate audio devices by Windows and can only play one audio stream to the default audio device. To get two different audio devices to receive the same audio stream, means using separate software.

You need use something like Virtual Audio Cable. There are probably others, but VAC is the only one I have used.

Using VAC; it can be fiddly to setup if you are not used to how it works, but you do need to buy the software, otherwise a voice message that says 'trial' every so often, which is rather annoying.

A quick search shows there are free alternatives.

Thanks mate. Think I will stick with the sound bar on its own, it is more than capable anyway.

Soldato
That wouldn't make the best use of the Levaithan though, which has optical input. It does have 3.5mm input, but he would only be getting stereo input and it wouldn't be making the best use of Dolby.

Thanks mate. Think I will stick with the sound bar on its own, it is more than capable anyway.

If you did want to make use of the Nommo as well at the same time, then it would have to be with a program or app that has it's own options for selecting audio source. A media player for example.

Back
Top Bottom