Kitchen Gadgets!

Soldato
Also small kitchen so space limited.

Have :
Hot air popcorn maker - kid loves it
But my go to is magimix food processor - it's the large one 3 in 1 plastic bowls plus a giant metal bowl for doughs and other things. Love it and we make lots of stuff with it.

Not using:
Slow cooker- not really eating much meat so gave it away as was already gathering dust
Dehydrator - really wanted to use it but too time consuming on prep and clean is a pain. Also space wise a challenge to justify.
Juicer ( Anthony Worral Thompson branded ! ) Only really drink water or beer these days. Need to move this on !

Like the sound of the pressure cooker thing - can you do baked spuds in it ?

Soldato
OP
Also small kitchen so space limited.

Like the sound of the pressure cooker thing - can you do baked spuds in it ?

I have not tried but I imagine so. You can cook the vast majority of things in one. I would imagine you would pour some water in, insert the steam try and then put the potatoes raw on the tray and then cook for 15-20 mins

Caporegime
I have not tried but I imagine so. You can cook the vast majority of things in one. I would imagine you would pour some water in, insert the steam try and then put the potatoes raw on the tray and then cook for 15-20 mins

Though I'd argue just using a microwave for that would yield similar results with much less hassle. Then just crisp them up in the overn briefly.

Soldato
Guys, I've transferred £96 earned cashback from my Quidco account to my Paypal account and I'm going to buy a Sensio Home 2 in 1 mixer/blender for £89 from Amazon which should see to all my mixing needs plus giving me the ability to grind granulated sugar and make caster and icing sugar. As I'll have £7 left over, I can buy an analogue oven thermometer as well. There are a couple on Amazon under £5, a KitchenCraft for £4.49 and a Chef Aid for £4.99. Do you think these will be accurate enough or do I need to spend more?

Soldato
Guys, I've transferred £96 earned cashback from my Quidco account to my Paypal account and I'm going to buy a Sensio Home 2 in 1 mixer/blender for £89 from Amazon which should see to all my mixing needs plus giving me the ability to grind granulated sugar and make caster and icing sugar. As I'll have £7 left over, I can buy an analogue oven thermometer as well. There are a couple on Amazon under £5, a KitchenCraft for £4.49 and a Chef Aid for £4.99. Do you think these will be accurate enough or do I need to spend more?

We have one and it works fine however I've never actually tested to see how accurate it is so can't comment on that. Maybe a test is needed :p

You would be better with a dedicated temperature probe as they will undoubtedly be more accurate however will be more pricey as well. I bought an Inkbird 2 probe thermometer for BBQ however its fine in the oven, advantage of the dual probe is you can have one in the oven monitoring temp, and the other in whatever you are cooking. IIRC it was around £20 so appreciate it's above your budget but will be more accurate for sure.

Soldato
Soldato
I bought an Inkbird 2 probe
looks good, lcd screen on our 3year old from etiltd stopped working, so need a new one
... not sure if the wireless ones work in an oven .. or under foil.

plus giving me the ability to grind granulated sugar and make caster and icing sugar.
you are really planning that ? ..I'd be concerned about blade wear.
was sceptical about if it would get used, but got a kwood chef off gumtree, & with a flexi-beater became good for cakes, and w/food processor attachment does pastry

Soldato
Well I bought a Kenwood food processor a few weeks ago for chopping and shredding veg and making dough, only a basic £30 one but it's great. However, instructions say not suitable for grinding sugar or coffee. But now I also want a decent mixer and have chosen this one which comes with a blender. Good reviews, quite a lot of mixer for the money.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B076H86S8G/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A106SM7EMLCSDW&psc=1

I probably won't use the blender that much so it should be ideal for grinding sugar down. It might wear the blades a bit, but, not that bothered. :p

Associate
I bought a tuna can strainer which is really handy.

61sSU918HJL.jpg

Back
Top Bottom